CRT apparently closing some canals ?

DeanS

Featured Posts

Apparently CRT may be considering closing some canals which are home to a rare breed of swans? The swans are facing a bleek future after a severe drop in numbers, and are traumatised by Continuous Cruisers causing too much noise and air pollution. As it's the breeding season, CRT want to protect the baby swans, and may place a restriction on the Macclesfield, Peak District and Ashton canals for a period of 8mths. Boaters in the area are up in arms.

• Greenie 2

I'd also heard the Grand Union was to be closed at Braunston in future for the breeding season of the water voles recently discovered living there.

Closed for three months each year in future beginning each April 1st.

Mmmmmmmmm wonder what day it is today Dean :-)

your birthday?

I'd also heard the Grand Union was to be closed at Braunston in future for the breeding season of the water voles recently discovered living there.

Closed for three months each year in future beginning each April 1st.

I dont know how they can do this....people need to use these canals.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that narrowboat water skiing is going to be the next new Olympic sport.

Well I know people used to water ski behind gravel barges (I've got photo evidence btw) so this would be the next step I assume. I'd love to see the continuous moorer's faces as you go roaring past. smile.png