Boat stretch

Arphamoe

Featured Posts

and wire stretching.

I once got sent to the stores for a wire stretcher....and a bucket of steam.

Now you are showing you're age, I was an apprentice too, many moons ago, smile.png

As a naive fitters apprentice in the late 1960's I was sent to the stores for a handful of 1/4 inch olives. I refused to go because I thought I was being fooled but my fitter took me by the scruff of the neck and 'enlightened' me. He needed some small pipe fittings which were, and still are, called olives.

Oh to be that naive again!!

Probably went to their local Midland Swindlers

That monika is very much a thing of the past!

As many readers will testify, they are a value for money outfit these days - with Freaky Friday coming up soon .................... (4th April = 20% discount)

That monika is very much a thing of the past!

As many readers will testify, they are a value for money outfit these days - with Freaky Friday coming up soon .................... (4th April = 20% discount)

They're still more expensive than other sources for parts.

MC used to be very competitive - I bought all my bits from them ('twas many years ago).

Now they've been taken over by the camping leisure group, prices have gone silly..

Such a shame 'cos the staff at Braunston are mostly very knowledgeable and always helpful.

stretching always make me think they grab each end and pull.

Surely it should be called..."lengthening."

boat.gif

I wonder if it's an American term deriving from Stretch Limmousine. I would reckon the actual boat builders would call it lengthening though as you suggest. Or possibly extending insertions LOL

Edited by Julynian

As a naive fitters apprentice in the late 1960's I was sent to the stores for a handful of 1/4 inch olives. I refused to go because I thought I was being fooled but my fitter took me by the scruff of the neck and 'enlightened' me. He needed some small pipe fittings which were, and still are, called olives.

Oh to be that naive again!!