;) tips to repel horrid nasty bitey midgie mites

tree

Featured Posts

We use a stretch of river we call muggers alley whicj for some reason has a LOT of Horseflies and by chance I discovered that the pong of my dogs towel attracts them. So with dogs towel on the bench seat and electric tennis racket in hand we can now navigate unscathed, the horseflies having chased us along will alight on the smelly towel and get the electric coup de grace.

Phil

we don't have a dog, so the doggy towel is out..do have the electric tennis raquet tho'. they're brilliant....great sport, fly zapping!

Then you must have ' Sweet Blood ' then Tree.just like your nature,

so i would take it as a complement

aww..bless yer cotton socks twas a nice thing to say ;)

tis true moi nature is happy go lucky and sweet 99% of the time, but moi has a confession wacko.png in having a very fiery temper....ninja.gif and do not suffer fools gladly... and when riled hmm.. moi is quite a ruthless demon and takes no prisoners..

have no fear tis a very rare occurence......but if ever moi speaks softly and looks you right in the eye with out blinking ..... erm... just RUN.. and as sprinter myself ... yer best run FASTER.. hahahaha cool.png

aww..bless yer cotton socks twas a nice thing to say wink.png

tis true moi nature is happy go lucky and sweet 99% of the time, but moi has a confession wacko.png in having a very fiery temper....ninja.gif and do not suffer fools gladly... and when riled hmm.. moi is quite a ruthless demon and takes no prisoners..

have no fear tis a very rare occurence......but if ever moi speaks softly and looks you right in the eye with out blinking ..... erm... just RUN.. and as sprinter myself ... yer best run FASTER.. hahahaha cool.png

Gulp !, I'm not built for running,I would drop my Donuts.

But if ever you wher having a bad day, and you started to speak softly,whilst looking into my

eyes without blinking,,then I would simply gently take your hand, put it on the tiller,turn the

key and say ,come on let's go for a cruise for an hr or two, l will go stick the kettle on ! The best calm u down known to man. Would both our boats fit in a lock ?.

Did I mention your hair looks great,

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

hmm... ponders a while ...if moi was in a cross mood (which is very rare)..and anyone dared to touch moi hand, then lol they would be flipped over moi shoulder pretty damm quick .. being an alpha female moi dont mess aroundrolleyes.gif wouldnt want to damage yer donuts ohmy.png

covered in moi original 1st post concoction above, took a stroll for a couple of miles in the sunshine and never got a nip Yippee.

Edited by tree

Gin

Or failing that any repellant with a high DET content

When working on an island on Lock Lomand I was told by a local whisky, in quantiy, worked.

First part of the evening you were to pi**ed to bother about the bugs, later they were to pi**ed to bother with you.

If you enjoy sitting in the cratch of a evening and are bothered by the wee ones, try this:2241948876745247666739.jpg

:) Betty that looks lovely and would be a double whammy for moi, looks pretty..and wards off the norty bitey minxes ..gonner make two ..tankies :)

Got bitten last night. I'm always getting bitten, and always seem to react badly to them. Some nasty little thing managed to get up inside my jeans, and got me right behind the knee joint, my legs now swollen up and I can't bend my knee anymore, This morning I noticed a red line spreading up my leg, and have had this before with a bite on my hand, so knew what was happening. Anyway been to the emergency docs, and been prescribed some antibiotics the red line has now taken over the entire inner thigh, looks horrible and feel the same!

The doc did say, taking vitamin b12 keeps them away. So will be trying this, this summer. Amazing what a tiny little bug can do. :(