James Family Information

AliIsoMar

Featured Posts

Maria Green born 1875 & married to Henry James & she had a brother Henry Green who married Sarah Harrison

A v strong possibility that this Sarah is one of my Harrisons that lived with her parents in the Porters row @ Ellesmere Port

still on going research with Cath Turpin to work out dates

Edited by jeannette smith harrison

You might get more traffic on your thread if you ask a moderator to move the thread to History & Heritage section. There are some folks who frequent there who really know their stuff!

A lot of people with lots more knowledge would be able to help you if this was moved to the History & Heritage section

as not so many people seem to read this section

HI, i'm looking for some help tracing the family of my great grandmother Ellen James born 1901 in Sheldon, shropshire. Her parents were Henry James born 1874 Nantwich, Cheshire and Maria Green born 1875 on the boat Etruria in Hanley, Staffordshire. The family worked on the Grand Union Canal Ellesmore Port and Nuneaton, warwickshire. Also any history of the canals at that time, Thanks

HI, i'm looking for some help tracing the family of my great grandmother Ellen James born 1901 in Sheldon, shropshire. Her parents were Henry James born 1874 Nantwich, Cheshire and Maria Green born 1875 on the boat Etruria in Hanley, Staffordshire. The family worked on the Grand Union Canal Ellesmore Port and Nuneaton, warwickshire. Also any history of the canals at that time, Thanks

Do you mean SHELTON near Shrewsbury or Sheldon which is in the Stoke area, not in Shropshire?

hi Jeanette, The following are the parents, siblings and children i have for both maria green and henry james, Please could you check them against your research and let me know if i have anything wrong thanks.

Family Members
Parents
Hide siblings
Spouse & Children

Family Members
Parents
Hide siblings
Spouse & Children

AlisoMar

Goodness where to start so as not to confuse others that don't have a clue who we are talking about.

I have

Joseph Henry Green born 1865

Margaret " born 1867

Reuben " 1870/1947 married a Hanna Wood (also in my wood line)

Henry " born 1873 & married Sarah Harrison (my gg Grandads sister)

John " born 1878

Emma " born 1880

I also have other siblings

Mary Green born 1885

Thomas " died aged 8

Priscilla " died age 10 days

Maria " who married Henry James

To my best knowledge these dates are correct they have been put together through family

knowledge & years of researching archives & parish records. I would be interested to know

if you have any cert of firm knowledge on any dates I may have wrong after all anyone

can make a mistake we are all human.

Jeannette

Send her a private message. Click on her forum name on one of her posts and it will take you to her profile. There you will find a button to send her a message. You can exchange details that way without having to put them in open forum

Richard

Send her a private message. Click on her forum name on one of her posts and it will take you to her profile. There you will find a button to send her a message. You can exchange details that way without having to put them in open forum

Richard

Yes - absolutely. Not that we are not interested in genealogy of canal folk, but some details might need to be exchanged privately cool.png

Derek

Hi Alilsomar

A little bit more information for you and it might be of interest to other people.

Register of Canal Boats

Name of Boat Britannia

Registered Birmingham 19/2/1879

B C N number 4431

G J C number 9506

Owner John Corbett Stoke Prior Works Worcestershire

Master Philip James

Horse Boat

Carried Salt, Sand and Chalk

I'm related to you through the Wenlock Family

Lorna