Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Whilst we all question Mr Lillee (junior), I'm beginning to think that the real scoundrels in this whole affair are the Steadmans. They are clearly using Mr Lillee (junior), and probably his partner who has now come on to make equally dubious claims, as simpleton pawns who just can't see how they have been used by the Steadmans.

The Lillees (juniors) clearly have no idea how they are being used and manipulated by the Steadmans. It would be interesting to hear what the Steadmans have to say about the whole issue, but I suppose they are laughing their heads off while their stooges are making all the running.

So Mr & Mrs Steadman, have you got the guts to come on here and give your side of the story? Perhaps explain how you are happy to take hundreds of thousands of pounds off innocent moorers who trusted you when you signed them up for your long term leases?

I think the normal term is "useful idiot" although I can not agree that Lillie the Younger conforms to the type. Having visited the site a couple of times, it is quite a pleasant marina with good facilities and the various advertisements for open days and suchlike I have seen published do suggest that the gentleman concerned possesses the wit and the intelligence to attempt some meaningful marketing. These admirable traits are, regrettably, somewhat compromised by his apparent self-belief in the kind of infallibility normally associated with the head of the Church of Rome, a character trait fatal to a business which is so customer-facing . The customer is always right even when he is not and you never, repeat never, enter in public spats with those on whom your business depends. It buys you nothing other than the loss of potential trade.

"csh" has, of course, issued certain "statements" on this forum and one can accept these or not as one is so inclined. These assurances carry, of course, no legal weight whatsoever and the wisdom of "csh"'s participation in this way is highly questionable. "csh" has no formal connection to QMP other than as the partner of its late management team and can have no formal connection to the new company who do not list his partner as a member of the board. Any suspicion that QMP's demise and the setting up of the new company as merely a mechanism to avoid a debt is not going to play too well to CRT whose views as to the independence of this new company is going to be central to the latter being able to negotiate a new NAA.

It is sometimes wisest to say nothing.

Edited by tupperware

Aye Ducks

The last series of puns in respect of canine ordure seemed to have raised the hackles of those offended by any suggestion that QMP may have deviated in any way from the straight and narrow.

To preserve the peace, therefore, it would be as well for you to desist from puerile witticisms as, bleach me, this would be for the best. As we are something of a family here, our Domestos harmony relies on mutual respect, so you need to ensure that your future posts are sufficiently fragrant.

how is discussing residential moorings helping the marina. Or the moorers even??

I live elsewhere but, much as I might object to certain ways in which my local council spends the tax revenue it raises, that revenue does provide for public services which benefit the local community. In the case of the marina, those who have elected to pay their dues are subsidising those who have not which affect both moorers and non-moorers alike.

Furthermore, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, it would appear that offering a residential mooring is in contravention of the planning permission granted and under whose constraints the marina operates. Current advertisements for "residential mooring" at a marina which appears to lack any authority to offer such a product does suggest an official inclination to play fast and loose with planning regulations.

The aim here is try and assist those whose investment in their chosen leisure activity is in jeopardy because someone took the view that financial commitments freely entered into with CRT were of little importance, an attitude to business which is not dissimilar to the alleged flouting of planning laws.

SoosieQ, on 27 Feb 2014 - 9:56 PM, said:

And clearly PLM dont accept being owed money but take umbrage when someone does the same to them......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181276643329?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D181276643329%26_rdc%3D1

Whats good for the goose and all that

".......2 Berth Canal & River cruiser offered in fair condition and sold as part of an unfortunate debt recovery operation"

Isnt that pretty much what the Insolvency Practioner is likely to 'do' to QMP / PLM

"sell it off as an unfortunate debt recovery operation"

Also has several other boats for sale (totalling over £100,000) with comments such as

PRICE REDUCED FOR A QUICK SALE. OWNER NEEDS TO SELL SO ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED.

One wonders who owns these boats - are they assets of QMP / PLM or are they simpy on brokerage ?

presumably the 'quick sale' is so the new owner will actually be able to extract his boat from the marina.

Again - presumably if they are on brokerage, any commissions will go to the IP to be placed into the 'pot'

Edited by Alan de Enfield

The last series of puns in respect of canine ordure seemed to have raised the hackles of those offended by any suggestion that QMP may have deviated in any way from the straight and narrow.

To preserve the peace, therefore, it would be as well for you to desist from puerile witticisms as, bleach me, this would be for the best. As we are something of a family here, our Domestos harmony relies on mutual respect, so you need to ensure that your future posts are sufficiently fragrant.

I rest my case, concerning Phantasm's latest remark.

I look forward to sharing with this forum any new developments in the near future.

Many thanks,

Chris

Well, old chap. if your case rests on what Phantasm posted then it are relying on some pretty insubstantial foundations.

Phantasm, as far as I can see, claimed to have witnessed some kind of altercation between the gentleman mentioned and others. Phantasm may, of course, be inventing the entire episode and, having not been a witness to the purported event, I can not be sure that he has not. Nonetheless, page 3 does suggest some basis for Phantasm's contention as to the volatility of the gentleman in question. You have previously mentioned the undesirability of washing dirty linen in public, and Phantasm's post seems to comply with your desire in this regard unlike the Facebook posting on page 3 to which I have already made reference.

It is unwise to play the victim card when others have free access to what I would describe as quite the most offensive and odious statement I have ever had the misfortune to read. No matter what the provocation, one does not, ever, address people in such terms.

Edited by tupperware

".......2 Berth Canal & River cruiser offered in fair condition and sold as part of an unfortunate debt recovery operation"

Isnt that pretty much what the Insolvency Practioner is likely to 'do' to QMP / PLM

My point being that PLM was willing to run up a debt to CRT but clearly wasnt allowing one of his moorers the same liberty

Also has several other boats for sale (totalling over £100,000) with comments such as

PRICE REDUCED FOR A QUICK SALE. OWNER NEEDS TO SELL SO ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED.

One wonders who owns these boats - are they assets of QMP / PLM or are they simpy on brokerage ?

presumably the 'quick sale' is so the new owner will actually be able to extract his boat from the marina.

Again - presumably if they are on brokerage, any commissions will go to the IP to be placed into the 'pot'

Alan, I suspect the brokerage is part of PLM not QMP so any proceeds will not pass to the IP.

IN REPLY TO CSH CLAIM THAT WE RESIGNED AND CAUSED A DRAIN ON RESOURCES-NONSENSE, WE WERE FORCED OUT, AND IT WAS £330K, WHICH IS WHAT WE PUT IN, WE GOT ZILCH FOR OUR SHARES OR RECOGNITION FOR ALL THE HARD WORK WE PUT INTO IT, AND WE ARE CONVINCED THAT IF WE HAD NOT BEEN IN THE FLAT AT THE TIME, WE WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN GOT OUR OWN MONEY BACK. IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE NEEDED A COURT ORDER TO EVICT US, THAT A STTLEMENT WAS OFFERED.I STILL HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS, AND THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEE THEM.

Regarding the figures for CRT payments, the other post was pretty accurate. We laid the first mooring and accepted the first boat( a leaseholder) in June 2007. But the £180k includes around £20k in legal fees. I think that in total, 23 leases were sold, 3 have been redeemed(?), which leaves the 20 on the list.

I haven't been on here for ages, work commitments have taken over.

But, on the rare occasion I look in I come across this sorry tale.

My deepest sympathy lies with those who took out a long term lease and look set to loose big time.

But most of all it is with Johnlillie, it must be heartbreaking to have gone through what you have at the hands of your son, his partner and your former business associate. Nothing I or anyone else say or do can change the past for you, but if ever there was someone who needed to be able to wind the clock back to right the wrongs of the past. Surely this man must be close to the top of the list.

I am about to become a dad, and for the life of me I hope I never suffer at the hands of my child the way you have.

The fact that john Lillie is willing to share documents with anyone on here to prove the scandalous behaviour of his son says more about him than it does the people who seem to want to censor him.

I take my hat off to you sir, it must be very difficult to find you and your wife in this position.

Edited by gazza
  • Greenie 2