So much for the boating community

Ex- Member

Featured Posts

not illegal, no.

But very offensive to someone not used to such language. And to be absolutely honest un-necessary. There's no excuse for bad language. Even as an ex matelot I don't use that particular 'C' word.

At least this forum is getting new members. How many posts they post remains to be seen.

Martyn.

A quote I like is:

Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.”

― Spencer W. Kimball

the fact is lynn blocked and then decided to be rude about these people even though all they had initially done was give a helpfull hint no more and no less but lynn wouldnt let it lye ,yes some people got rude at her and even swore at her ,but it all could of been solved so easily if lynn had been alittle more open minded ref the help given rather than expected people to reply with nothing other than help for her heater anhyway as i said earlier time to move on

Well at last some decency is shown in admitting Lynn was sworn at, I'm astonished though you expect someone to accept that and not defend herself. You also are I believe an administrator. Knowing this, then why let the whole group slate her all day today with the continuing lies she was abusive, when you knew well it wasn't true.

Quite shameful.

Edited by Julynian

if your sharing a stretch of cut with these people and they have upset your wife go and have a word, if you frieghtfully to posh for that sort of behavior dont go on such sites and if you do and it starts getting abusive turn the laptop off...maybe you should man up rather than threaten court action...

• Greenie 1

One of your admin seems to offer a much more truthful version. What a surprise!

Like I said - I don't know for sure if Lynn swore or not... but that's irrelevant - I swear, I work in an environment where people swear, I watch telly were often there is swearing, I go to a pub where people swear - believe it or not people also swear on the internet... its rife mate. One should not be so surprised if you get sworn at by strangers on the internet after being so rude and obnoxious...

It's not the first time I've seen that group blow up in such a way, and it's very much the same posters that get narky and territorial. There seems, among some mostly longer standing members, to be a feeling of "This is OUR group" and a possibly smaller group that feel like "This is OUR canal". A member that, while complaining about newcomers that don't share her outlook, referenced her 18 years (gasp!) on the canal has in an argument months ago told me to "F*** off and stick to your river section". It's definitely a minority on that page who have these attitudes, but they're a noisy minority. I think the we weird atmosphere on that page may stem from some of the veteran members not really understanding the difference between an 'Open Group' (something akin to this forum, where anybody can request to join and be joined up by any other member) and a 'Closed Group' (an invite only group that does not show up in peoples searches). I've been a member for a year or so and I suspect that at some time in the past it was a much smaller group of people who all know each other. Over time it has evolved into something bigger with a broader cross section of boating society. Some members seem very upset by this and their way of dealing with that is, er, let me try and be nice about this, ill advised.

Edited by Grace & Favour

Like I said - I don't know for sure if Lynn swore or not... but that's irrelevant - I swear, I work in an environment where people swear, I watch telly were often there is swearing, I go to a pub where people swear - believe it or not people also swear on the internet... its rife mate. One should not be so surprised if you get sworn at by strangers on the internet after being so rude and obnoxious...

Well if you can't believe your own admin laugh.png it's hardly irrelevant now is it. Lynn did not swear at any time.

It's unfortunate that someone believes telling someone to f**c off and all them a c**t & a twat would in anyones book be acceptable. I suppose you would applaud it if I said as such to your wife/daughter or even a good friend. Get a grip feller :-)

Edited by Julynian

The quotes first written are a bit like Big Brother, not the bigger picture. It's what he thought CW would want too read and wHat the so called police will follow up.

No lawyer in his or her right mind would take this any further. If you see the bigger picture you would know that whilst it was very childish, it was far from illegal or threatening.

I have suffered at the hands of football hooligans on Facebook, they posted pictures of my Boat and location ( before I changed my privacy), threatening to burn my Boat, beat me and my dog up. I gave it back just as good. Now we are a'll friends and have BANTER all the time.

Take a chill pill

The quotes first written are a bit like Big Brother, not the bigger picture. It's what he thought CW would want too read and wHat the so called police will follow up.

No lawyer in his or her right mind would take this any further. If you see the bigger picture you would know that whilst it was very childish, it was far from illegal or threatening.

I have suffered at the hands of football hooligans on Facebook, they posted pictures of my Boat and location ( before I changed my privacy), threatening to burn my Boat, beat me and my dog up. I gave it back just as good. Now we are a'll friends and have BANTER all the time.

Take a chill pill

Police don't issue crime numbers if no crime has been committed. Some of your members might need to check carefully what they've written. And some later posts as well.

Like I said, nothing threatening or bullying has taken place. Would absolutely never go to court.

Having been through every post from Sunday, I can't see how any comments can be deemed threatening.

Edited by Flocal

Now see what you have done Julynian, you have been followed onto here by the undesirables. Let's just hope they get bored with the lack of abuse and go back to where they came from!

and if he hadnt of bothered to post such rubbish there wouldnt be any issue on here.....now its all draged up for a second night and on it goes....now man up draw a line under it and let it go

Well if you can't believe your own admin laugh.png it's hardly irrelevant now is it. Lynn did not swear at any time.

It's unfortunate that someone believes telling someone to f**c off and all them a c**t & a twat would in anyones book be acceptable. I suppose you would applaud it if I said as such to your wife/daughter or even a good friend. Get a grip feller :-)

Yes it is irrelevant - Lynn was rude and obnoxious, and unsurprisingly got sworn at...

In the world of Facebook, If my wife/daughter was as rude and obnoxious as Lynn was, then I would not be surprised if they got sworn at - get with the real world mate :-)

I'll leave it to the police & Facebook cheers.gif

Let them fight your battles for you? man up mate...