Denver lock closed due to tidal surge damage.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Looks like Denver lock was overtopped during the high tide last night, and it's currently closed. I imagine the control cabin on the tidal side got a bit soggy too.

This is the photo on twitter from last night

Baz-SMlCEAA_0Nb.jpg

and this is what it left behind:

Ba0I0xTCAAAETca.jpg

I hope Paul at Salter's Lode is OK. If it goes over the top there, next stop is his living room!

MP.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if this is open yet?

It is, but I've just found this: http://www.middlelevel.gov.uk/docs/Navigation/Salters%20Lode%20Lock_1.pdf dated 13th December.

I regret to advise that due to storm damage Salters
Lode Lock is presently closed.
I will provide an update on the problem early next week

... and no further update so far. I'll call Paul in the morning and see what the situation is.

MP.

Edited by MoominPapa

It is, but I've just found this: http://www.middlelevel.gov.uk/docs/Navigation/Salters%20Lode%20Lock_1.pdf dated 13th December.

... and no further update so far. I'll call Paul in the morning and see what the situation is.

MP.

Thanks for the update MP.

I've just reached Peterborough and was planning to go through the middle levels to join the Gt Ouse over the next few days. May have to change plans

Any update on Salters?

The problem in inundated electrics.

A replacement is expected this week, so no promises, but it looks like days to a fix rather than weeks or months.

MP.

I was trying to reach my home town of St Ives for Christmas but as you say there is no rush and I have friends in Whittlesea and Ramsey so I can scrounge a mince pie on my travels :-)

If you make it Ramsey and want to meet up, drop me a PM.

MP.

• 2 weeks later...