Featured Posts

There are a few old postings about recommended Nb painters so I thought I would ask again to see if anyone has up to date recommendations for people/companies who paint boats. Nowt better than first hand experience. Salar is 25 years old and in need of some tlc so thought would see how much it would cost, fraid I don't fancy spending a week or two under the M25 bridge on the Slough arm.

I can strongly recommend John Sanderson at Dadford's Wharf, Wordsley, John was Phil Speight's painter when he ran the paint dock at Dadford's. Our boat had not seen any new paint (except for the name panel) for nearly twenty yeras, John removed all the fittings and windows, took it all back to bare metal, and put numerous coats of paint on, we still get complimentary remarks about the paintwork from passing boaters.

John has a web site here, :- http://www.narrowboatpainting.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

Our boat, Helvetia, is near the bottom of the gallery, give him a ring. He is a long way from London but you won't regret it. Just one thing, it will take more than a couple of weeks, our boat took five weeks.

Edited by David Schweizer

• 1 month later...

hi stay far far away from the Canal Shop Hillmorton on the oxford, worst job i ever seen, parts not painted, orange peel effect on parts all he want was the money and now wont reply to calls email ect, next stage for me trading standards

Chalky, I believe the CanalShop at Hillmorton is a Chandlery.

Not really fair to tar Richard with the paint shed in the marina unless he has taken control of that too.

I can recommend Stowe Hill Workshops, who will NOT paint when conditions are not right, uses quality paints and removes all fittings, /back to metal/brush paints everything, no rollers.

Edited by matty40s

hi stay far far away from the Canal Shop Hillmorton on the oxford, worst job i ever seen, parts not painted, orange peel effect on parts all he want was the money and now wont reply to calls email ect, next stage for me trading standards

Whilst you may wish to warn others of your own 'less than desired' experience, Chalky, please make sure that you don't say anything publicly (eg CWDF) that could possibly compromise any of your future communications with the painter, trading standards etc.

Oxon Boat Painters, Brinklow, pleased with my job, but don't expect a quick repaint, to do a good job takes a while.

L.

I am also a satisfied customer of Oxon boat painters at Brinklow (Kitman on this forum).

N