Thankyou Kinver canopies...

Featured Posts

That could be seen as blatant advertising by some on here and you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Darren

Errrr' that would be rubbish if anybody did. I'm posting as a satisfied customer, not promoting my own business. Two completely different things.

Sheeesh...

If this is correct then I wonder if they aspire to Wilson's quality standards but with more realistic price bands?

I can't really comment as I'he never had any work done by Wilsons as was.

Juno's canopy was replaced two years ago by Kinver Canopies, it has proved excellent and at about 75% of the cost of a much more local name to Bath.

At the time the two guys were working their socks off, Juno's canopy was fitted in around a job in Cardiff and one in London.

I've heard good things about Kinver Canopies, are they ex-Wilson's boys by any chance?

Hi All

Yep Kinver Canopies (a brand new company) has ONLY Scott and myself Ian (ex wilsons of kinver).

The re-branded Wilsons of Kinver, now Wilson covers still has Ian and Ralph Wilson running it with a few of the old staff.

May I also use this post to thank all the people who we have worked for since starting up.You have been very true to your words and helped us a great deal by letting people know we are now trading and would love more customers.

Thank you.

:)

White spirit but it will leave a stain if it is cloth. If it is PVC it may not.

Unfortunately it is cloth and you're right it does leave a stain. I even resorted to using some petrol in a disparate attempt to remove it. The sap is just as hard to clean from our paintwork too but the petrol does the trick with a bit of elbow grease.

If it's PVC, I use this stuff on my trailer tent but don't sniff it or smoke near it:

Everbuild-pvc-u-solvent-cleaner-UPVC-PVC-Plastic-1Litre

If only it was PVC Carl, it would be far easier than cloth. I used to use the PVC cleaner when we installed garage doors with uPVC cladding trim pieces, it's excellent stuff for general purpose cleaning but can damage paintwork with over zealous use.

Our problem is from overhanging trees on our long term mooring that have been allowed to grow unchecked. It's not only sap but Pigeon poo too :-(

Edited by Doorman

We phoned them up for a quote a few weeks back, about 6 weeks just to come out. So busy they weren't very interested in our business.

Personally I would take the fact that somebody was that busy as a good sign.

I suppose we were fortunate in that it was only a repair and not a major one at that and we arranged via. email to send it to them and back to us by post. They turned it around in about 10 days.

They also answer initial email enquiries promptly which can't be said of all businesses.

We had our cratch cover made by Wilson's and it is very well made, but was damn expensive!

Anyone know how to get tree sap off their cratch cover by the way?

Try hand sanitizer. They also say Vodka, but that seems a bit of a waste unless you do the "one for you, one for me" thing. I think the alcohol in it does the trick. It works on clothes.

Try hand sanitizer. They also say Vodka, but that seems a bit of a waste unless you do the "one for you, one for me" thing. I think the alcohol in it does the trick. It works on clothes.

Cheers Ginger,

All suggestions are very welcome.

The Vodka one's a bit iffy in these parts as I'd never get rid of some of the villagers from licking the bloody cratch cover all day!

All suggestions are very welcome.

We now use 'Renovo' canvas cleaner and were surprised at how effective it was on mould and moss type stains on canvas.

You wet the canvas apply it with a stiff brush working it in, leave it for 30 mins. and rinse it off, the results were as I say impressive. I can't say how effective it would be on tree sap though as I haven't tried it on that.

Could be worth a try though.

Try a very mile bleach solution, its what we used on our old canopy.

With the new one we keep it well fabsiled which seems to stop stuff sticking,

We phoned them up for a quote a few weeks back, about 6 weeks just to come out. So busy they weren't very interested in our business.

The chap we used for our new hoods (Chris Potts Marine and Industrial Covers) took nigh on six months to get around to doing ours he was so busy. But we were willing to wait as we know his work is second to none.

We inherited Wisons catch and also sofa with our boat. When the sofa had a fault they came out quickly, did the job efficiently and well. No quibbling. The numbers on the original receipts did make me wince a bit, mind. But the products and service are excellent.

Are they based near the canal? The wife caught the corner of our cratch cover on a bridge arch and it's torn so it needs either stitching or patching. We could call in there on our way back to our marina. Mind you they sound so busy I doubt they'd be able to do a 'while you wait' repair but I suppose we could drop it off with them.

a link ~ hope it helps.

Note the request to call ahead as they may by out on a job.

http://www.kinvercanopies.co.uk/contact.html

ed. - Now I am on my PC I've had a quick check of that post code and as far as I can see it doesn't look proximal to any canal, happy to be corrected though if I've missed one.

Edited by The Dog House