Offer accepted....this is surreal!

Sade

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

As promised, just keeping up to date with our progress. We put an offer in today and (subject to survey) it has been accepted!

I can't tell you or type how excited and nervous and strange I am feeling! I've started doing weird things like housework blink.png to keep my mind from exploding completely!!!

Just got to get the deposit in so that it can be officially taken off the market and then all the other scary stuff so got lots to sort out......

Is this realllllllllly happening??? Hahahahahaa! cheers.gif

• Greenie 1

Wow!

I hope you'll have a great time on TBA (unusual name for a boat, incidentally).

Mike

Haha thanks Mike!

Wondeful newscheers.gif Athy I take your TBA comment (To Be Announced?) Was tongue in cheekclapping.gif

Jamescheers.gif

Thanks James! (insert smiley here)

That mixture of overwhelming joy, tinged with "OH MY GOD - WHAT HAVE I DONE!!"

If only you could bottle it .... welcome aboard.

Cheers Kwacker.....nervous times indeed! unsure.png

Well done Sade, it's finally coming together. It's a great feeling isn't it, but will be even better when you get the keys and can start playing with it.

Thanks Neil....today is a stressful day trying to get deposit together...once it's off the market I'll be much more relaxed - then stressing again by next week when we book the survey hahahahahaa!

Congratulations, it's a great feeling, you will be going round for a couple of weeks on cloud 9 . cloud9.gif

I was shown everyone photos of my boat till I must of bored them that first week.

again congratulations

boat.gifcaptain.gif

Thanks David :)

I am awaiting the completion of some welding before getting the keys to my boat in around two weeks.....between now and then I have to rid myself of a vast and often unaccountably bizarre collection of stuff (my possessions). I tried to spend the waiting time in lining up buttons to be pushed when things became definite, which internet? 3, which "home" address will you use for banking etc? though it should always be borne in mind that a big step it may be but an irrevocable one it isn't so there is really nothing to worry about. Enjoy ;)

The more I think about it, the more TBA sounds like a great name for a boat! But what's the name of the boat you've snagged Sade?

Great minds, etc - I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning. Now, apart from its true meaning, what could it stand for?

I'm another one about to get afloat. Paid for the boat yesterday. Waiting now for an engine service and the fitting of a revolutionary rack off the back to carry my motorbike. Oh and to get my head around the electrics on the boat.

Well done.

Thanks Peter! :)

Well done.

Thanks Naughty Cal! :)

The more I think about it, the more TBA sounds like a great name for a boat! But what's the name of the boat you've snagged Sade?

ahhhha Dave, will be revealed once we can put the key in the ignition.....but we are going to change the name once it's ours. Survey all booked for 29th August and then hoping to get the finances together within a couple of weeks of that .....eeek! We've just had the strangest weekend of our life and drove over to Pewsey which is where we are hoping to moor up to start with....just cannot believe things are working out (so far!) We've seen a copy of the hull survey which was done a year ago and it reads pretty well so just crossing everything for the rest of this pre-purchase survey.

I am awaiting the completion of some welding before getting the keys to my boat in around two weeks.....between now and then I have to rid myself of a vast and often unaccountably bizarre collection of stuff (my possessions). I tried to spend the waiting time in lining up buttons to be pushed when things became definite, which internet? 3, which "home" address will you use for banking etc? though it should always be borne in mind that a big step it may be but an irrevocable one it isn't so there is really nothing to worry about. Enjoy wink.png

Thank you Capt Golightly! for 3 days in a row I have woken up with a dreaded feeling that it was all just a dream! Luckily not so! :)

Great minds, etc - I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning. Now, apart from its true meaning, what could it stand for?

Too bloomin 'appy! LOL

You could call it the boat acronym puzzle.

Hahaha..... we do have a name in mind but there have been some right funny suggestions (mainly on Friday night after a couple of beers! hahaha)

Doing the same t hing.......... hoping to complete on house sale next week and take possession of boat........ bank address???? How did you get round that one? Tips please.

Fantastic stuff Hilary! Well, we are lucky enough to be using parents address - they don't mind and we'll see how it works out

I'm another one about to get afloat. Paid for the boat yesterday. Waiting now for an engine service and the fitting of a revolutionary rack off the back to carry my motorbike. Oh and to get my head around the electrics on the boat.

Excellent! We've had a good run out on the boat already and also the current owner is willing to go through all the workings of the boat with us again....fortunately Dean is pretty good with most things like electrics / plumbing / engines etc.....