Leoch batteries?

tiresias

Featured Posts

A local supplier has a wide range of Leoch batteries.

Leoch seem to be a huge Chinese battery manufacturer, but I can't find any reviews, recommendations or caveats of their brand.

Has anyone got any experience of using Leoch batteries, how reliable they are, or any background info on the brand ?

I'd rather stick with the likes of Trojan/US Battery and let someone else be guinea pig for now.

Part of the advantage of the former is they're a known quantity, have plenty of info on their websites, and direct support if need be.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

"Direct Battery Solutions" aka "Battery Store" seem to say that they are the official importers for the UK.

http://www.leoch-uk.co.uk

This lists some of their batteries for marine applications (we are interested in the AGMs):

http://www.batterystore.co.uk/marine-3-c.asp

Apparently the company used to be called DBS (MONBAT) Limited. More details...

http://www.harboroughmail.co.uk/news/business/family-firm-powers-up-with-new-battery-store-1-3144952

i dont buy chince anymore. eventually everyone will work for them directly or indirectly it will become the only employed will be selling thier products only cause they will have the world ecomey in thier pocket. now about the only ham products available in the states are owned by them, or maybe its dog. i quess they get to vote in the states now, since CORPORATIONS are people too. be careful what you want it could bite.

i dont buy chince anymore. eventually everyone will work for them directly or indirectly it will become the only employed will be selling thier products only cause they will have the world ecomey in thier pocket. now about the only ham products available in the states are owned by them, or maybe its dog. i quess they get to vote in the states now, since CORPORATIONS are people too. be careful what you want it could bit

Eh?

i dont buy chince anymore. eventually everyone will work for them directly or indirectly it will become the only employed will be selling thier products only cause they will have the world ecomey in thier pocket. now about the only ham products available in the states are owned by them, or maybe its dog. i quess they get to vote in the states now, since CORPORATIONS are people too. be careful what you want it could bite.

Why does everything have to be looked at negatively?

There was probably a time when the only new fangled stuff you could buy would have been British, and we had the world economy in our pocket. The worm was bound to turn eventually, and it has.

The fact is that, now that developing countries have developed, they represent enormous markets, with tons of money, that we can sell stuff to. All we have to do is identify what they want/need, that we can provide, open up the distribution channels, and sell it to them.

I think this is happening slowly

forgot i recently became the owner of a bank of trojans.. Had to extened the budget, but after much thought and advise from here and the battery store I did it and glad for it. Trojan has been very help full, even with the dumb questions. The Chinese are to greedy. They dont want to buy your stuff ,they'll fiqure out how to make themselves, and sell to you and them. I refuse to let my kids become thier slaves. Love you all

i work on powerchairs an mobility scooters etc so have good knowledge of batteies and brands.

i would stay away away from leoch, they have one of the highest failure rates of all brands i fit but in fairness, most cheap chinese brands suffer the same fate.

mk power are the top in my eyes, not sure if they make something suitable for boat use.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact is that, now that developing countries have developed, they represent enormous markets, with tons of money, that we can sell stuff to. All we have to do is identify what they want/need, that we can provide, open up the distribution channels, and sell it to them.

Sell them Opium :)

Personally I wouldn't my a Chinese made battery at the moment.

They can make big savings on labour, other costs of business such as local taxes and levies, and, of course, health and safety.

Batteries are very heavy, and transport costs from the Far East are based on weight, so the transport costs are relatively high.

The costs of many of the raw materials, esp. the lead and other metals are set by the international commodities market, so the bulk price is almost the same whether you buy in the UK or China.

I would ask myself where else they have cut corners to get a competitive price....

The details in the eBay link suggest these batteries use a secret paste formulae and include Calcium to make them maintenance free/no topping up required.

Now maybe these Chinese engineers are really clever but I understood that Calcium was NOT a good thing where deep cycle batteries are concerned.

However its probably just lazy documentation but that itself does not bode well.

.............Dave