Engine Blower

Trev

Featured Posts

Hi, I am looking for advice please re my engine blower? I have a Beta 43 which has a cocoon which consists of 2 end sections two sides and a top cover. When removed there is visible a blower fan located in the main cocoon base. When I fire the engine up the blower does not run and I cant recall from past use if it should run immediately the engine is running or if it works on some sort of temperature cut in? Does anyone have experience of a blower and how it should operate, wiring etc? Thanks.

Trev

I had two Jabsco 3" fans in the engine room of my last boat. The one forcing cool air in to the bottom of the engine area from the bilge came on automatically when engine fired up. The second operated by a manual switch sucked air from the top of the engine compartment to an outside vent. Three inch flexy tubing was used to direct air.

Trev,

I think these blowers may be switched in several ways (it's not difficult to change switching arrangements) but mine is switched from the alternator and comes on once the engine is started.

This is also on a cocooned Beta 43.

Thanks for the info guys. Its given me a starting point. It probably didn't help that the boat was under water for a week last Christmas!!

Thanks for that Bottle. I have been in touch with Beta recently (over several weeks) re some travelpower engine brackets and to be honest I haven't been impressed with their service re that particular matter.