information required please

chrisprice

Featured Posts

We have recently bought our boat built by Liverpool Boat Co in 2004. It is a 45 foot cruiser stern. We have no user manual and have discovered that Liverpool Boat Co have ceased trading. If anyone has any info that they could photo copy we would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

Chris

Welcome to the forum and hopefully you will really enjoy your boat. Sorry, I can't help with your specific question since I have never owned a Liverpool boat. I just wonder if you will get a useful reply because boats, especially older ones, don't tend to come with a manual like you would expect for say a car. Also there can be a wide variation of installed equipment even from the same builder.

However I notice you are in Tamworth - we keep our boat at Fazeley Mill marina so if you have any specific problems I will do my best to help out when we are down on the boat.

Welcome to the forum and hopefully you will really enjoy your boat. Sorry, I can't help with your specific question since I have never owned a Liverpool boat. I just wonder if you will get a useful reply because boats, especially older ones, don't tend to come with a manual like you would expect for say a car. Also there can be a wide variation of installed equipment even from the same builder.

However I notice you are in Tamworth - we keep our boat at Fazeley Mill marina so if you have any specific problems I will do my best to help out when we are down on the boat.

Even though Liverpool Boats were one of the volume builders they weren't producing a standard factory product. Many of their shells were fitted out by other companies and by individuals. So even simple things like wiring and plumbing layouts are likely to vary from boat to boat.

If you can find the make/model number/serial number of the various equipment and appliances on your boat, Google should find quite a lot of the manuals.

Chris,

We have a Liverpool Boats (Pyrford Class) 56 footer, built the same year as yours. The original owners were fastidious at keeping all of the manuals that came with the boat.

PM me and we can see if anything I have is of help.

Nigel

Hi and welcome to the forum. Liverpool Boats has stopped trading as you say but his son has set up another company and I purchased one of their boats about a year and a half ago. if you want their details and the son's mobile pm me. I have a full manual should you wish to copy anything, I'm sure not much has changed.

Louise

Hi Louise

we are really in the dark with this boat. We have the Declaration of Conformity from Deeside boats who did the fit out and that states that the Manual should be attached and not removed - so we assume that there should be a manual. Any info you could give would be really helpful and much appreciated. We knew our previous boat inside out but are at a loss with this one.

many thanks

Chris

Hi Louise

we are really in the dark with this boat. We have the Declaration of Conformity from Deeside boats who did the fit out and that states that the Manual should be attached and not removed - so we assume that there should be a manual. Any info you could give would be really helpful and much appreciated. We knew our previous boat inside out but are at a loss with this one.

many thanks

Chris

There should be a manual associated with the Declaration of Conformity with the Recreational Craft Directive, however these manuals typically don't contain an awful lot of useful information, they are more a bureaucratic waste of paper! At least, ours is! The manuals for the individual items of equipment are far more useful.

we are really in the dark with this boat. We have the Declaration of Conformity from Deeside boats who did the fit out and that states that the Manual should be attached and not removed

Sounds like LB just built the shell. Deeside boats should be responsible for the Owners Manual - a document that it part of the RCD documentation. You should also have an Anexxe III from LB.

If you have any queries about the shell, contact Collingwood Boats, which is what LB morphed into.

Every boat is different, so it is not as easy as just copying one from another LB boat.

A User Manual is a different thing to the Owners Manual. It may never have existed, just a file with the equipments' individual manuals.

If you are wanting manuals for the engine/gearbox etc etc and know the makes and models.........if the companies are still in existence email and request a copy of the manual. We didn't have one for our Newage gearbox and even though the boat is 20 years old they sent a copy of the manual via email.Or maybe someone on here could furnish a digital copy for you if they have the same make/model.

Cookers and the like, user manuals can often be found on line to download.

Good Luck and Happy Boating.

As others have said...........

Gather as much information of off various appliances and bits of equipment (make, model, serial number etc)

.......... then Google is your friend.

The problem bit is how it all fits together and the various 'systems'

.................. ask questions on here as well