Where are services beyond Worsley..Leigh etc

DeanS

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I'm not impressed with the CRT website smile.png Spent ages trying to find the right page to see where water points and elsan points might be , got a Google Map...which only showed pubs...then saw a link to download a guide...and when I got to that page it said...

Waterway guides

Waterway guides will be on the Canal & River Trust's website soon.

So...can anyone tell me...if I travel on the Bridgewater..past Worsley...towards Leigh...and beyond...onto CRT waters again......are there any water/elsan points I can get to. I've got a good 10days to go for a nice cruise....out of Manchester ..on the widebeam......never been past Worsley before....anything nice that way ?smile.png

ETA....I see they have a link to the old site so will look there now :)

Edited by DeanS

I think that there should be a clear ''pinned'' list compiled on the forum of the services locations, type and level of cleanliness throughout the system which forum members during their travels can contribute to and to update any changes for everyones benefit. It would save a lot of grief, accidents and the need to hop about cross legged, taken short or becoming constipated which is not good for you.

I'll make a start.

B. Stortfort. Sanny situated in the town next to the Bridge st road bridge. Elsan disposal, toilet, toilet roll, paper towels, wash basin but no hot water, water taps, self pump out that seems to be permanently constipated and out of order , rubbish disposal. Always clean unless a free self pump out has recently been done. Rose and crown pub nearby. smile.png

ETA. No Bidet or Jacuzzi I'm afraid.. ''Dossier'' would be a better name than ''list''.

Edited by bizzard

Whats happened to the water tap that was just inside the door to the sanitary block at Henhurst?

not sure its drinking water as sign above it say water point 200yds thru lock

there's facilities at White Bear?? marina up near Adlington/Chorley.

Last time I came thru there towards Wigan we were moored up having lunch, suddenly across the cut and adjacent field there were policemen making an armed arrest, lots of shouting and flourishing of guns, we were well within range, OO Er! Suddenly they all relaxed and calmed down, turned out to be a training excercise at the police training unit.