wide beams

NBnutter

Featured Posts

oh you wide beam ppl are so touchy!! I actually have nothing against widebeams, they are great boats. I just prefer the narrowboats x

oh and yes will but that book as will add to the many I already have x

If you are including me in that for the record, I don't have a wide-beam, we are merely correcting you on a couple of points on which you are being historically incorrect.

The book is actually very good.

Edited by The Dog House

oh you wide beam ppl are so touchy!! I actually have nothing against widebeams, they are great boats. I just prefer the narrowboats x

Now you have them maybe you should read them

I don't think those who corrected you were being touchy, they're just correcting your version of "history".

I don't know what kind of narrow boat you have. If it's a modern narrowboat with a full length superstructure it "encompasses the origins" of the canals about as much as my widebeam does (i.e. it doesn't). Get yourself an old working boat without an engine and a horse and perhaps your comments will seem less foolish.

Edited by blackrose

my favourite flight ever but I can't get my barge through there however hard I try :rolleyes:

a clue regarding wide locks for narrow boats is the length of the lock. if it is a 75ft ish lock it was probably mainly for paired nbs but if its longer or shorter its probably for a specific type of wide barge