Humber Princess...

Featured Posts

There was mention on here recently that the commercial tankers plying their trade on the A&CN and S&SYN had recently ceased.

We have just been passed by Humber Princess at Barnby Dun, thankfully it appears they are still going...

Edited by The Dog House

We asked Stuart McKenzie the C&RT harbourmaster for the Yorkshire waterways the same question about six weeks ago. His reply was that Humber Princess continues to trade to Rotherham about twice a week on average.

There was an issue regarding loading arrangements from a temporary bunkering facility in Hull, but I think that went away.

Does that mean the Humber Pride is no longer running to Fleet?

Regards

Pete

We haven't seen it for yonks,and it passes us on our mooring, but it could be we just haven't been there at the right time.

Hi the humber pride stopped last year in september I think? I met her in a lock, the skipper told me it was the last trip!! It is all to do with the union and the tanker drivers they had threatened strike action if she wasnt replaced by road transport!!! Another pile of poison spewing road ruining trucks on the road!! All very sad. I have pictures of her in the lock. He told me it wasnt the first time this had happened and they expected to get the contract back at some point. The Princess still plies her trade I see her twice a week or so as she glides past my boat love her as this is what the waterways are about to me

Peter

Hi the humber pride stopped last year in september I think? I met her in a lock, the skipper told me it was the last trip!! It is all to do with the union and the tanker drivers they had threatened strike action if she wasnt replaced by road transport!!! Another pile of poison spewing road ruining trucks on the road!! All very sad. I have pictures of her in the lock. He told me it wasnt the first time this had happened and they expected to get the contract back at some point. The Princess still plies her trade I see her twice a week or so as she glides past my boat love her as this is what the waterways are about to me

Peter

Thanks for clarifying Peter.

Have just re-checked and yes Princess is busy on the Rotherham run. Whitakers still have Pride and she will be taking on the Rotherham run when Princess has her summer dry-dock period.

On a further point - there was talk of single-skinned tankers, like Princess and Pride being banned.

• 2 months later...

smile.png that makes me feel so nostalgic, as a nipper I used to love watching all the boats, and used to think that going over to New Holland from Hull was going abroad lol ( sea shanty fibs haha). I was lucky to be allowed on a couple of occasions to go on the pilot boats bringing my foster fathers ship in. I just hope that these marvelous work horses are still able to continue to work .

a wistful moi

edited for more typos than usual.

Edited by tree