Sealine sink

MtB

Featured Posts

Just heard on the news tonight that Sealine have gone onto administration after 40 years of successful boat building.

Sad and surprising because to me it seems, as splitters go, they built them extremely well.

MtB

I have a friend that works for them ...

and it is his opinion that inept American management has brought them to their knees..

in fact his exact words were.." the US owners cocked everything up. They couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery "

Edited by Gillie

Sad news indeed but im afraid to say not any great shock. There have been rumours of their financial troubles since the beginning of the year. The US company that took them over had great plans for the company but seemingly not the financial backing to carry them through.

I feel badly for the families of the 237 staff who are to lose their jobs. When we visited the factory in 2011 it was clear that the staff were very happy in their roles and many of them had worked for Sealine for a great number of years. We met many of the staff who worked on our boat and many more before and since then.

Hopefully a buyer can be found for what remains of the company otherwise this will be the end of one of the big four UK boat builders.

Sealine were sold shortly after that thread to another US company who have sadly brought the company to its knees. Investing in new markets in the East and investing millions into new models obviously has not paid the dividends that were expected.

I really should spend much more time on here and I'd avoid the heinous crime of posting something that's been posted before......