Mooring at Loughborough this weekend

PeteS

Featured Posts

the festival starts saturday morning. You could moor on the stretch between the Albion pub and Bishops meadow, probably with some ease, otherwise people very often breast up for the weekend, so someone may be happy for you to do so. Otherwise head south and moor on the lower edge of Loughborough.

The moorings were filling up this morning when we left. Dont expect to find a mooring on Friday between The Boat and Belton Road bridge including the basin arm. There are offside moorings by Nottingham Road bridge which are OK on bollards or try between Belton rd and Loughborough Lock. Slightly out of town there some nice moorings below Bishop Meadow Lock.

yesterday they were putting notices up for booked boats to moor, anyone mooring before the Boat Inn will be moved, after there you can moor.

Tillergirl spoke to CRT today so she will probly know more when she comes on

Judging by the facebook page for it, its already overfull, & sounds like there are some, erm, heated discussions, about mooring rights.

well when we left this morning the basin was empty and there were plenty of moorings left.

The moorings were filling up this morning when we left. Dont expect to find a mooring on Friday between The Boat and Belton Road bridge including the basin arm. There are offside moorings by Nottingham Road bridge which are OK on bollards or try between Belton rd and Loughborough Lock. Slightly out of town there some nice moorings below Bishop Meadow Lock.

was it you i shared a couple of locks with on the way to thurmaston today?

there were afew spaces around the curve yesterday morning

well when we left this morning the basin was empty and there were plenty of moorings left.

Trouble is the basin is only 24 hour mooring, along with the water point etc. During the festival it is usually used for the canoe hire I think.

I had a walk down the festival area this afternoon as I'm far to sensible to take my boat ,the basin was rammed to capacity to the point where it would be difficult to water up and turn any boat above around 40' ,I was talking to one guy who said he'd been moved off the main stretch outside B+Q by someone who was totally obnoxious claiming to be the event organiser ? ,he then said he was staying put until after the festival despite it only being a 24 hour mooring.