Canalside land for sale on Leeds Liverpool

Jamboat

Featured Posts

If I recall and I am happy to be corrected this is one of several parcels of land that have been for sale/sold. This is at the lower end so I think a full length boat could get there ( not 100% sure). Thought CRT was against more EOG moorings but this might be different up north !

From memory these five or six plots of land were on the market about eight years ago.

They were built with a access road and water supply. there were restrictions as to what buildings could be erected

ie. one shed.

They were sold !with the possibility of being used as a permanent mooring !

I haven't been past recently but there but there has never been a mooring on each plot.

I do remember a dispute when one of the first purchasers upset the locals and the old BW by cutting trees and clearing the bank. before getting permission to do so. Assuming that by owning the land, making a mooring was an automatic

right.

If these problems have been sorted and I presume they should have by now. this could be a great mooring for

someone who wants to live the good life. A permanent mooring with enough land for a chicken run, market garden orchard etc

PS these are just my thoughts and memories. Im not trying to buy or sell it.

"I haven't been past recently but there but there has never been a mooring on each plot."

There is a boat moored a couple of plots back towards Parbold. A nice decking pontoon etc which all looks fairly recent

"I haven't been past recently but there but there has never been a mooring on each plot."

There is a boat moored a couple of plots back towards Parbold. A nice decking pontoon etc which all looks fairly recent

Yep you are right. The moorings seemed to have fizzled out. I know one boat moved from that location as he was troubled with break-ins (plural)

If I recall and I am happy to be corrected this is one of several parcels of land that have been for sale/sold. This is at the lower end so I think a full length boat could get there ( not 100% sure). Thought CRT was against more EOG moorings but this might be different up north !

The Trust are now far easier about granting EOG Moorings and those pieces of land already have some approvals. The South is now also easier.

Yep you are right. The moorings seemed to have fizzled out. I know one boat moved from that location as he was troubled with break-ins (plural)

You are right too.

There was a narrowbeam Dutch style barge once moored on one of these plots. Sadly, it was vandalised and it was suggested that the culprit was another boater. The original owner sold the boat as his wife insisted that she would not go back aboard following the mess made by the criminal. There was another suggestion that the residents of nearby Parbold were against the idea of permenant moorings being made available at this site.

One of our friends bought the boat but didn't take the mooring. It's a lovely looking and well made boat that is widely used around the system.

Someone "catweasel?" once posted a link to the council hoohaa about these plots of land , whoever it was that posted recommended likely prospective buyers look most carefully into things before they proceed , i have not seen kingfishers on that stretch since the moorings were created by chopping down trees.A small caravan or shed did appear on a plot , it was not there for long same with half a dozen or so geese.

Someone "catweasel?" once posted a link to the council hoohaa about these plots of land , whoever it was that posted recommended likely prospective buyers look most carefully into things before they proceed , i have not seen kingfishers on that stretch since the moorings were created by chopping down trees.A small caravan or shed did appear on a plot , it was not there for long same with half a dozen or so geese.

Hello Gaggle,

given that you probably cruise that stretch on your travels, did you hear anything about the vandalism to the Dutch Barge (narrowbeam) when it was moored on one of these plots?

Link to pdf brochure

Passed this on our dog walk this morning, looks like a nice spot for someone who wants a EOG mooring with a bit of land, I could just picture it with a nice shed & a veg plot - if only I had £27,000 to spare......

Makes the piece of canal side land we bought in Braunston a real steal.

Terence

There have been several issues with these moorings, and they come up for sale now and again. The current price is a lot less than some have been in the past. I understand that there are many preconditions about what may and may not go on the land. I once considered a plot but decided against it.

I remember the D.barge well and was gutted for the owners when it got broken into. I was at Parbold when they moved it away and felt really sorry for them.

There is currently one widebeam moored on one plot, and another plot is decked out, though no boat appears there.

We have friends back there on the L&L and they once considered one of these plots as an alternative to their on line mooring. One of the pitfalls, they claimed, was that there's a poor TV and mobile signal in that area.

We have friends back there on the L&L and they once considered one of these plots as an alternative to their on line mooring. One of the pitfalls, they claimed, was that there's a poor TV and mobile signal in that area.

Not real boaters then.

:)

Not real boaters then.

:)

Oh yeah, they only wanted the TV reception in order to watch Julia Bradbury's Canal Walks programme.

I remember commenting to one of my friends about the amount of TV he watched and asked "Don't you ever go out?", to which he immediately replied "only to fix the aerial ". He was wasted as a toolmaker and should have been a comedian instead!

Mike

Oh yeah, they only wanted the TV reception in order to watch Julia Bradbury's Canal Walks programme.

I remember commenting to one of my friends about the amount of TV he watched and asked "Don't you ever go out?", to which he immediately replied "only to fix the aerial ". He was wasted as a toolmaker and should have been a comedian instead!

Mike

Luv it :)

Hello Gaggle,

given that you probably cruise that stretch on your travels, did you hear anything about the vandalism to the Dutch Barge (narrowbeam) when it was moored on one of these plots?

I had no idea any vandilism had gone on there , i have never seen any vandals offside apart from the people who were ripping trees/ shrubs down in order they could moor in the nice setting they were intent on destroying , why they could not just fashion a gap in the hedgerow and put a gangplank to the boat i dont know , when i looked at the parcels of land with a view to buy one i never thought for a minute about destroying what i would be buying which was a field where my kids and grandkids could run around in , spend some time camping and fishing in the cut while grown ups were close by on the boat.

• Greenie 1