Locked but not Forgotten

Rusty Tub

Featured Posts

I must admit I find Rusty Tub's postings a bit odd. Only been a member for a day and, as yet, all the posts they've made are joining in arguments and throwing insults. Not the usual behaviour for someone joining a Canal discussion forum.

All a bit odd.

Thanks for that valuable contribution on a myriad of all things canal and narrow boat based. :unsure:

I've just been looking at the lister gardener narrowboat engines used in the old working boats, the good old days as they say but some are still used on the restored boats now, what a piece of engineering brilliance, getting up at the crack of dawn and while the breakfast is cooking going into the engine room and cranking over that great handle, will she won't she ,come on fire you thing, and then the sudden burst of life she goes , the musical notes of the engine as she sings out her morning call, wow , brilliant, the smoke pumping spueing out of her chimney, having breakfast at the tiller while navigating the twist and turns of the canal. These working men I stand and applaud work was work in those days and men were men. Are there any members on here still using these boats for now not work but leisure and any pics please,

:cheers: Ian.

Edited by Ian C

I've just been looking at the lister gardener narrowboat engines used in the old working boats, the good old days as they say but some are still used on the restored boats now, what a piece of engineering brilliance, getting up at the crack of dawn and while the breakfast is cooking going into the engine room and cranking over that great handle, will she won't she ,come on fire you thing, and then the sudden burst of life she goes , the musical notes of the engine as she sings out her morning call, wow , brilliant, the smoke pumping spueing out of her chimney, having breakfast at the tiller while navigating the twist and turns of the canal. These working men I stand and applaud work was work in those days and men were men. Are there any members on here still using these boats for now not work but leisure and any pics please,

:cheers: Ian.

Start a topic on the vintage engine thread or history threads, many members won't see it here as it's a bit :smiley_offtopic: