Postal address

Homer 123

Featured Posts

This is on tthe BBC TV licencing site.

You don’t need a separate TV Licence for

Any device powered solely by its own internal batteries (i.e. it is not connected to an aerial or plugged into the mains). Your main home’s TV Licence will cover this.

How many boat TVs are only ever powered from their own internal batteries and never used with any sort of external aerial?

Seems to me that as soon as you connect your TV to the boat's electrical system or a roof-mounted omnithing you need a separate licence.

I think that if you only use it for watching per recorded programmes such as DVDs then you are exempt. Seems like too much of a risk to me, not wanting to be prosecuted then ill stick to I player. Seems ridiculous though as it seems to mean that if you are a couple and one goes away for a weekend alone then you need 2 tv licenses!

You don't need a separate TV Licence for

Any device powered solely by its own internal batteries

has anyone got a link to a TV solely powerd by its own internal batteries. (rhetorical but may be interesting)

Edited by bottle

I think that if you only use it for watching per recorded programmes such as DVDs then you are exempt. Seems like too much of a risk to me, not wanting to be prosecuted then ill stick to I player. Seems ridiculous though as it seems to mean that if you are a couple and one goes away for a weekend alone then you need 2 tv licenses!

You're meant to have a license to use iPlayer, or any other service that lets you watch tv shows less than 48 hours after they were first broadcast. Of course you would never get caught for it though.

Not the case at all

The rule you're quoting is for second homes, NOT boats unless of course you have a second home.

How many boat TVs are only ever powered from their own internal batteries and never used with any sort of external aerial?

Seems to me that as soon as you connect your TV to the boat's electrical system or a roof-mounted omnithing you need a separate licence.

Read again.

You don't need a separate TV Licence for

Edited by Julynian

So from what I can gather as long as I don't go on the electoral roll at my sisters it won't affect her benefits? Is this address where I would calculate my travelling to and from work when doing my tax return?

You could probably go on the electoral and not affect her benefit. If you don't live there or contribute to the household then her benefits should not be affected. But by appearing on the electoral roll, it could suggest that you live there and certain auhorities might check that out.

Better not to enrol IMO or you might attract attention. A C/O address is just that, I don't see thay anything cannot be posted to it that cant be posted to any address.