Huge Thank You to CART

jampot

Featured Posts

I have to say a Huge Thank You to CART.

We are continuous cruisers and on January 14 my husband died on the towpath in Birmingham whilst out walking our dog. We were moored on 14 days moorings and had been there about one week. When CART were informed, I was told that we could stay there as long as necessary together with our friends on their boat who were moored behind me. I know CART often get the stick from boaters, so I felt I had to post this. Again, thank you CART.

So sorry to hear about your sad loss of your husband, jampot. How heartening that you received such supportive service when you needed it.

I hope that the boaters you encounter whilst on that mooring, and when you move along, are also helpful to you when needed. Do give us all a shout here if we can be of any use to you.

Lucy

I too offer my deepest condolences at this very very sad time, but as a sit reflecting on the debacle that is the Staffs NHS trust and the families that lost loved ones needlessly to poor care and bad practices, i ponder the thought that for myself, walking along the cut with my dogs on a cold winters morning might not be a bad way so depert this life.

Regards Mike.

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

It's one thing I always thought BW were good at, that was being flexible enough so that when a boater got into a bit of bother, common sense ruled, it's good to see that CRT continue this admirable attitude.

My condolences too.

If this situation doesn't constitute the sort of "exceptional circumstances" in which CRT should waive the normal requirements on length of stay, it is difficult to see what would qualify. So it is good to see that common sense has prevailed and that you will have as long as you need to sort yourself out.

So sorry for your loss Jan, I know we don't know you well, but you are in our thoughts & prayers. Dia was such a cheerful, friendly, helpful chap.

Love from Brian & Ann Marie.

P.S Good to see CRT continuing to be helpful & sensible when people are in times of trouble.