formed worktop surfaces

breeze

Featured Posts

Hi,

I am considering changing the layout of my kitchen from just one long worktop surface eitherside of the baot to an "L" shaped one, the foot of the 'L" to be half-round and the front edge of the whole length of the surfaceto be rounded as well.

Does anyone have any recommendatios of where I can source such a 'bespoke' (Iassume) choice of surfaces?

Thanks

Edited by breeze

Hi,

I am considering changing the layout of my kitchen from just one long worktop surface eitherside of the baot to an "L" shaped one, the foot of the 'L" to be half-round and the front edge of the whole length of the surfaceto be rounded as well.

Does anyone have any recommendatios of where I can source such a 'bespoke' (Iassume) choice of surfaces?

Thanks

Hi breeze, we did this just before Christmas. Take a look at the pics here My link is this what you mean when you say you want the L-shape to be half round?

If you can source the worktop yourself and its a solid wood one, then any joiner should be able to cut it to whatever shape you want.... They might be even able to do it at your boat .

Hi breeze, we did this just before Christmas. Take a look at the pics here My link is this what you mean when you say you want the L-shape to be half round?

If you can source the worktop yourself and its a solid wood one, then any joiner should be able to cut it to whatever shape you want.... They might be even able to do it at your boat .

If you then coat it with 2 or 3 coats of Rustin's Plastic Coating, you can then put anything on it, however hot and it won't mind. Love my beautifully figured elm worktops on Snail.

Landaff laminates cardiff do a huge range of worktops 02920 777333 , Blackheath products similar range Tel 0121 561 4245.

If you are doing an "L" shaped kitchen you will need to butt and scribe joint for a post formed ( round edged ) worktop, and a

template,router,joining bolts and jointing glue to do a proper job. My advice if you are going to use this method is to find a good kitchen fitter

who will have the proper equipement and do a good job. the other choice is to use a worktop joining strip which doesn't look as good but

will make the job a lot easier.

If you do do it yourself, buy a special jigsaw blade specifically for cutting worktops. It cuts in one direction only and you use it on the side so it only pushes down, thus not messing up the edge where its laminated. I believe when you buy a worktop, you can also buy strips of the same material which can be stuck onto any edges which are revealed. If the curve isn't too tight, then you should be able to stick it on securely with a decent glue. Sounds like a fun DIY project.........(you're giving me ideas for my next!).

If you do do it yourself, buy a special jigsaw blade specifically for cutting worktops. It cuts in one direction only and you use it on the side so it only pushes down, thus not messing up the edge where its laminated. I believe when you buy a worktop, you can also buy strips of the same material which can be stuck onto any edges which are revealed. If the curve isn't too tight, then you should be able to stick it on securely with a decent glue. Sounds like a fun DIY project.........(you're giving me ideas for my next!).

Down cut jigsaw blades and worktop edging can be bought from most large DIY stores and any kitchen supplier.

Thank you all of you for your very useful comments...I have taken them all 'on-board' excuse the pun! Am looking on line at different lamiate worktop producers to get one made for me to assemble on-board.....thanks again