Boat Shares

Maxheadroom

Featured Posts

Is there a section dedicated to any other "faction" of boaters?

Why do you feel you have issues that can't be discussed in "General boating"?

The same person has already posted a number of similar requests on another forum. I may be wrong but I think he is trying to drum up trade for a business.

Howard

a tad unfair guys? .... he just made a suggestion in the section Suggestions.

I thought my question was a fair one.

There is no hirers, ccers, cmers, washerjosher section so I asked the perfectly reasonable question "Why have a timeshare section?"

I would have offered the same question to any members of the other factions requesting their own slot.

I thought my question was a fair one.

There is no hirers, ccers, cmers, washerjosher section so I asked the perfectly reasonable question "Why have a timeshare section?"

I would have offered the same question to any members of the other factions requesting their own slot.

hmm...but both replies came over as attacking his suggestion or his motive?

there are sections for historic engines etc and since there are quite a lot of questions regarding shares, renting, swaps etc, so perhaps a sub section of For Sale or Wanted might work?

hmm...but both replies came over as attacking his suggestion or his motive?

there are sections for historic engines etc and since there are quite a lot of questions regarding shares, renting, swaps etc, so perhaps a sub section of For Sale or Wanted might work?

I didn't question his motive, he has every right to ask the question, and I certainly wasn't attacking him.

I merely questioned the need for a sub-section.

There is indeed a sub-section for historic engines but this is a technical section that many people (including me) have no desire to visit.

There is already a "For Sale or Wanted" section that is hardly overloaded so any such timeshare ads wouldn't get lost in there.

I asked a genuine question and would still hope to get an answer.

I didn't question his motive, he has every right to ask the question, and I certainly wasn't attacking him.

I merely questioned the need for a sub-section.

There is indeed a sub-section for historic engines but this is a technical section that many people (including me) have no desire to visit.

There is already a "For Sale or Wanted" section that is hardly overloaded so any such timeshare ads wouldn't get lost in there.

I asked a genuine question and would still hope to get an answer.

sigh....I meant as a sub section of the already existing For Sale & Wanted rolleyes.gif

howardang's reply attacked his motive...albeit with a caveat

edit to add....never mind, he's put it in General Boating now anyway!

on with the show.

Edited by Chagall

His other posting looks more like an advert than anything else to me

Richard

I agree, but it is interesting, so posted in a suggested sub section of For Sale & Wanted might mean that it would have to have been approved first?

We are two separate personalities, despite occupying the same screenspace on your computer.

Yes, and my comment alluded to "both replies" to the thread, yours and howardang's

Im done explaining! ...dig on your own now.

Im done explaining! ...dig on your own now.

Dig what?

Your explanation does not include an acknowledgement that there was absolutely no ill intent towards the OP.

I was not being unfair to him and, despite his post being a prelude to an obvious advert (which I had neither seen nor suspected),I would still be happy to discuss his suggestion with him or anyone else who wanted to contribute to this, a discussion forum.

The same person has already posted a number of similar requests on another forum. I may be wrong but I think he is trying to drum up trade for a business.

Howard

You are wrong. I am who I said I am on my profile, a retired BP Engineer wishing to sound out the possiblity of forming a private syndicate in the UK for tall folk or a boat for the French canal system.

The post is in the suggestion box.

The suggestion is to recognise the menbers that are not the elite boatowners but individuales that wish to have a share in a boat and not have want full-time responsability or costs due to their particular circumstancias (not just economic). The post is in the suggestion box.

I did not make it CLEAR that I am talking about ONLY PRIVATE share syndicates "shares for sale/wanted" and a sub-section dedicated to their issues. This subject will be lost in the General Boating sub-section and is not a general subject.

I am in total agreement that it should be only for private boats. Private syndicates are NOT timeshare...a private boat the same as any other on this site but with multiple owners.

Timeshare is correctly pointed out, a business and has no place here or in the for sale section. I am not drumming up nothing more than pointing out the needs of a LARGE number of owners that can discuss there relevant issues which are very distinct from an individual boat owner. :cheers:

Edited by Maxheadroom

You are wrong. I am who I said I am on my profile, a retired BP Engineer wishing to sound out the possiblity of forming a private syndicate in the UK for tall folk or a boat for the French canal system.

The post is in the suggestion box.

The suggestion is to recognise the menbers that are not the elite boatowners but individuales that wish to have a share in a boat and not have want full-time responsability or costs due to their particular circumstancias (not just economic). The post is in the suggestion box.

I did not make it CLEAR that I am talking about ONLY PRIVATE share syndicates "shares for sale/wanted" and a sub-section dedicated to their issues. This subject will be lost in the General Boating sub-section and is not a general subject.

I am in total agreement that it should be only for private boats. Private syndicates are NOT timeshare...a private boat the same as any other on this site but with multiple owners.

Timeshare is correctly pointed out, a business and has no place here or in the for sale section. I am not drumming up nothing more than pointing out the needs of a LARGE number of owners that can discuss there relevant issues which are very distinct from an individual boat owner. :cheers:

Fair enough. I'm not sure, however, whether the requirements of shared boat owners are different enough to warrant a separate section. I am aware of how share boating works; I have been one for many years and indeed I have shares in two private boats at the moment, but good luck if you feel there is a need for another dedicated form for shared boaters.

Cheers

Howard