Rising water levels in the Fens

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

I can't understand when Firesprite took those pics. We go quite often to Fox's (I am doing up a Springer there) and nearly always eat our packed lunch on the riverbank within sight of his boat. The last time was last weekend. Yet I have never seen any sign of life on his boat. I think he's a figment of our imagination.

I have never seen the barrier down across the gateway of Fox's, it looks like a Heath Robinson contraption, I would like to see it working.

I can't understand when Firesprite took those pics. We go quite often to Fox's (I am doing up a Springer there) and nearly always eat our packed lunch on the riverbank within sight of his boat. The last time was last weekend. Yet I have never seen any sign of life on his boat. I think he's a figment of our imagination.

I have never seen the barrier down across the gateway of Fox's, it looks like a Heath Robinson contraption, I would like to see it working.

Pictures taken today, Normally I'm only up here midweek, and spend the weekends down in Dorset. So our paths would rarely cross.

As for the barrier, it's just four stop planks dropped into the slots.

Thursday we were sitting on the bottom as we have been for the last couple of weeks. It was with relief that this morning our dog had to jump down to get off the boat as opposed to jumping up.

E.A have had Denver keep the level (too) low for quite a while now on the off chance of getting heavy rain and now it has paid off. The river has made a level at our weir and the river has got quite a bit of pace on it.

Phil

• Greenie 1

Thursday we were sitting on the bottom as we have been for the last couple of weeks. It was with relief that this morning our dog had to jump down to get off the boat as opposed to jumping up.

E.A have had Denver keep the level (too) low for quite a while now on the off chance of getting heavy rain and now it has paid off. The river has made a level at our weir and the river has got quite a bit of pace on it.

Phil

It does seem that the EA have learnt lessons from the quick succession of low pressures last month. They are currently dumping from Pillings as much as possible before the next front early morning tommorow hits.

Unfortunately, everything below Pillings is suffering.

Like my mums says, 'it can't be that deep, its only half way up them ducks' .. bless

That is classic, Nigel!

Mr. T, no, windows seem weatherproof, famous last words! She is a very dry boat except for damp below the tonneau cover over the rear deck when we open it up - still to discover whether this is leakage or condensation, I hope the latter.

Mr. Sprite, only if it's after about 6 p.m. - we don't drink all day but make up for it in the evening.

We visited Bill Fen today. Flood gate was closed, and a pump was running to cope the leakage and rainfall. (Plenty of rainfall!) The level in Ramsey High Lode was up, but not markedly so. I'm not sure our planned new-year trip to Holme is going to be practical at this rate.

MP.

We visited Bill Fen today. Flood gate was closed, and a pump was running to cope the leakage and rainfall. (Plenty of rainfall!) The level in Ramsey High Lode was up, but not markedly so. I'm not sure our planned new-year trip to Holme is going to be practical at this rate.

MP.

If the level's sensible and the flow's OK, we were planning on going up the Backs on New Years Eve / Day?