IWA proposals

jenlyn

Featured Posts

That link doesn't work for me FYI but assuming it's the pdf that was emailed to London Boaters then it seems to me that the IWA have picked off our suggestions and sent them back to us/CRT with a slightly more aggressive and militant edge to them. It reads very much like a gang who is getting it's nose out of joint about not being in on the current conversation between CRT and us vagabonds and no-good-nicks.

I haven't read it all in detail but it seems a well reasoned proposal. Whether it hits the spot for people boating and living in the area is another matter and one that I can't comment on.

Far from being anti live aboard it does support the need for space for residential boats and a varied means of mooring boats.

That link doesn't work for me FYI but assuming it's the pdf that was emailed to London Boaters then it seems to me that the IWA have picked off our suggestions and sent them back to us/CRT with a slightly more aggressive and militant edge to them. It reads very much like a gang who is getting it's nose out of joint about not being in on the current conversation between CRT and us vagabonds and no-good-nicks.

Yes it is that report leonie, I think we've ruffled their feathers.

I haven't read it all in detail but it seems a well reasoned proposal. Whether it hits the spot for people boating and living in the area is another matter and one that I can't comment on.

Far from being anti live aboard it does support the need for space for residential boats and a varied means of mooring boats.

I didn't say it was anti live aboard? Where do you get that from?

Wouldn't people be moaning if an organisation just published proposals without consultation with locals? If the IWA have picked up on local suggestions it means they have listened to them and used them. I am not sure why you would not be happy to have the ideas supported.

I didn't say it was anti live aboard? Where do you get that from?

I was recalling your post (#113) "in winter moorings a way forward?" where you said

I have just spent nearly two hours talking to an IWA member, of authority, who has stated the IWA wants liveaboards off the canal. Unbelievable!

I agree though that you did not say the proposal was anti liveaboard.

Wouldn't people be moaning if an organisation just published proposals without consultation with locals? If the IWA have picked up on local suggestions it means they have listened to them and used them. I am not sure why you would not be happy to have the ideas supported.

I think all Leonie is saying is that these ideas are not exclusive to IWA, not sure if they consulted boaters or just copied the ideas of a group of boaters and added a few bits and pieces. Still I guess I now know what our elected members of Council will be supporting!!!!!

Can we take seriously a proposal from an organisation which doesn't even bother to proof read and corrct their own publication? Or perhaps the IWA does not know the difference between a 'creak' and a 'creek' and that Hartford is not a town on the Lea but is in Connecticut.

Wow! what a way to throw the baby out with the bath water! :rolleyes:

Edited by churchward

This appears to be well written and thought out document however I suspect there is a greater demand than mooring availability. It raises sme interesting challenges for CRT regarding defining " place" and more importantly how do you enforce these proposals because if you can't they will fall flat. It would appear to be a good discussion document for people to build on.

I think all Leonie is saying is that these ideas are not exclusive to IWA, not sure if they consulted boaters or just copied the ideas of a group of boaters and added a few bits and pieces. Still I guess I now know what our elected members of Council will be supporting!!!!!

Indeed and all I am saying is that is a good thing as this means the local input has come to the fore and is being used.

Indeed and all I am saying is that is a good thing as this means the local input has come to the fore and is being used.

I understand that and that is what leonie was saying. Everyone's input is important and an organisation that represents by it's own admission only 4,000 boaters seems to be given a lot of credence.

Still it seems the IWA think the problem is exclusive to London Area so seems oooooppppppp North we just continue on as usual.

Yep no need to pay extra for wearing clogs yet! :lol:

I am not sure the report says it is an issue exclusive to London just that it is the proposal for the issues in London. perhaps there will be others?

I understand that and that is what leonie was saying. Everyone's input is important and an organisation that represents by it's own admission only 4,000 boaters seems to be given a lot of credence.

This seems a fairly negative approach , hopefully rather than leading to point scoring this is a document that can lead to further discussions alongside the input from other boaters organisations and the forums.

This seems a fairly negative approach , hopefully rather than leading to point scoring this is a document that can lead to further discussions alongside the input from other boaters organisations and the forums.

Sorry what part of my post was negative???? Was it this part

Everyone's input is important

Are they near a car park? The fine needs to be relative.

Ah that's ok then car parking in Parbold is free

Hang on a minute, no one has been consulted about this document, that I know of and I am local to it, and I have asked around.

Hang on a minute, no one has been consulted about this document, that I know of and I am local to it, and I have asked around.

No , If you look I am saying this CAN lead to further discussions etc if you re read my post.

Edited by Tuscan