'Bottom' of stockton locks sanitary point?

Christophe lamby pie

Featured Posts

Hello out there,

Still hunting for the boat that is 'the one' but have secured a mooring on the Grand Union opposite the Blue Lias pub near Stockton/Long Itchington.

We think a cassette toilet (and I know that's a whole bigger discussion!) will suit our situation and so my query is what do you do with your poo in this location?

According to the Canals & River Trust website there is a sanitary point (Elsan) near to bridge 23 but when we checked out the area in person we couldn't spot anything - anyone know where it is?

I've also tried to contact the CRT directly but still waiting a response.

We are new to this so may be overlooking the obvious.

Thanks for your help o wise ones

Hello out there,

Still hunting for the boat that is 'the one' but have secured a mooring on the Grand Union opposite the Blue Lias pub near Stockton/Long Itchington.

We think a cassette toilet (and I know that's a whole bigger discussion!) will suit our situation and so my query is what do you do with your poo in this location?

According to the Canals & River Trust website there is a sanitary point (Elsan) near to bridge 23 but when we checked out the area in person we couldn't spot anything - anyone know where it is?

The nearest elsan points to there are between the Fosse locks (toward Leamington), Napton bottom lock, or Braunston.

Hello out there,

Chat to the guys at Warwickshire Fly Opposite , speak to them nicely and if your lucky you could use there's especially if it's an old boat you are buying or you get some work done. If not its in the boot and a drive .

Edited by Tuscan

The nearest elsan points to there are between the Fosse locks (toward Leamington), Napton bottom lock, or Braunston.

The one on Fosse locks was the most disgusting on the system when we used it last year. Avoided in case of plague when passing a few weeks ago!

Are they really the nearest?

I've checked and checked again on the the CRT website and it lists one in between lock 12 and bridge 23.

Not sure I want it sloshing about in my car on the way to work!

Are they really the nearest?

I've checked and checked again on the the CRT website and it lists one in between lock 12 and bridge 23.

Not sure I want it sloshing about in my car on the way to work!

Yes, we cruise the area regularly. There is water there, and as Tuscan says whatever WFB offer, but I've not seen anything else.

ETA: The boaters guide says this, what are you looking at on the CRT site?

Services and facilities

Grand Union Canal

2 Fosse Road Bridge No. 32: Water, Elsan

disposal. BW key required.

3 Bascote Wharf Br. 27: Water, refuse

5 Stockton Br. 23: Water. BW key required.

6 Birdingbury Wharf Br. 21: Water. BW key

required.

8 Calcutt Top Lock: Water. BW key required.

Oxford Canal

9 Wigrams Turn Marina: Full service marina

with 190 berths. Contact 01926 817175.

Visitor moorings

Edited by peter n

Yes, we cruise the area regularly. There is water there, and as Tuscan says whatever WFB offer, but I've not seen anything else.

Ok thanks for that - I'll see what CRT come back with but you guys obviously know what you're looking for and it isn't there.

Hmmmm - it seems cassette in the boot is the only option.

ETA: The boaters guide says this, what are you looking at on the CRT site?

Services and facilities

Grand Union Canal

2 Fosse Road Bridge No. 32: Water, Elsan

3 Bascote Wharf Br. 27: Water, refuse

5 Stockton Br. 23: Water. BW key required.

6 Birdingbury Wharf Br. 21: Water. BW key

required.

8 Calcutt Top Lock: Water. BW key required.

Oxford Canal

9 Wigrams Turn Marina: Full service marina

with 190 berths. Contact 01926 817175.

Visitor moorings

I was looking at the map thing (In your area) and with Boating and Services icon selected it shows a 'Sanitary facility and Water point' between Warwickshire Fly Boat and Blue Lias Inn

I was looking at the map thing (In your area) and with Boating and Services icon selected it shows a 'Sanitary facility and Water point' between Warwickshire Fly Boat and Blue Lias Inn

Calcutt marina also has one , but you would be mad not to befriend someone at Warwickshire Fly which is opposite your mooring. I love the Stockton and Fosse flights but hate the Leamington Spa pound with a passion.

Edited for fat fingers

Edited by Tuscan

Calcutt marina also has one , but you would be mad not to befriend someone at Warwickshire Fly which is opposite your mooring. I love the Stockton and Fosse flights but hate the Leamington Spa pound with a passion.

Edited for fat fingers

Sounds like a plan to speak to the chaps at Warwickshire Fly, even if they want to charge me for the priviledge.

Thanks for the info