Thetford Cassette

Hairy-Neil

Featured Posts

If this is the cover that's fitted to the cassette when out of the box, then I don't have one. What exactly is their purpose?

Thanks for the help BTW... :cheers:

I have one of the new thetford ceramic 263 which is the modified 250 Thetford had to come out twice in the first month, had to replace the toilet thetford have a 3 year warrenttee, good service!!

re hairy neils post

what IS the grey cover for? we have them on the 263 cassettes most times they fall or flop about

I also like to know what they suppose to do please?

I have one of the new thetford ceramic 263 which is the modified 250 Thetford had to come out twice in the first month, had to replace the toilet thetford have a 3 year warrenttee, good service!!

re hairy neils post

what IS the grey cover for? we have them on the 263 cassettes most times they fall or flop about

I also like to know what they suppose to do please?

They are supposed to slide back over the blade and seal as you withdraw the cassette and slide off it when you re-insert it - just aesthetics I think.

It's not a brilliant piece of design because as you have discovered they often slide completely out.

I guess they grey cover protects the mechanism below. A flaw with the C200 cassette design is the vulnerability of the Vent Assembly. If you stack full cassettes on top of each other it is easy to bend the little rails on the vent of the lower cassette. I put a little tin can over the vent when I stack cassettes.

They are supposed to slide back over the blade and seal as you withdraw the cassette and slide off it when you re-insert it - just aesthetics I think.

It's not a brilliant piece of design because as you have discovered they often slide completely out.

Is this slide back supposed to be an automatic or manual function?

• 2 years later...

My grey cover has "fallen" off once or twice when I bash it emptying cassette..now I ensure I always have that side uppermost so any knocks occur on other side. Mine leaks a bit so I dry the opening prior to removing to empty.

we have a Thetford 200.

I use 2 casettes.

We have 5 on board.

I switch the casettes every 2 days.

I empty both every 4 days.

I've done this for about 3yrs now.

The "full indicator" failed in year 1. (who cares)

The rails on the vent buttons broke off in year 1 (who cares)

They both dribble slightly I think (who cares)

They don't smell.

They're easy to empty.

Nothing serious can go wrong.

They work for me :)

we have a Thetford 200.

I use 2 casettes.

We have 5 on board.

I switch the casettes every 2 days.

I empty both every 4 days.

I've done this for about 3yrs now.

The "full indicator" failed in year 1. (who cares)

The rails on the vent buttons broke off in year 1 (who cares)

They both dribble slightly I think (who cares)

They don't smell.

They're easy to empty.

Nothing serious can go wrong.

They work for me smile.png

3 Cassettes here - light doesnt work with two of them. Empty two soon after I've installed the third. Works well. Just considering fitting new seals to the two old ones that dribble a bit.

Yeah mine dribbles too, I think it is residual "water" sitting on top of the tank seal.

Phil

I had this issue and the problem was a pool of liquid sitting on top of the slider. The solution is to leave the trap open till absolutely all the drips have fallen through into the tank.

Andy