Lost Phone

Bullfrog

Featured Posts

My wife managed to "lose" my phone on our recent holiday - don't ask !

Returning home we found a message on our answering machine from a Mrs Taylor explaining she had found our phone on the towpath at Stoke Prior and looked up "home" in our contacts. Could we call her back to retrieve it. Unfortunately she left no number, and it was too far back in the lists to 1471 it.

My mobile has now used up all it's battery and cannot be contacted.

All very frustrating.

Anyone got any suggestions how to resolve this one?

David

My wife managed to "lose" my phone on our recent holiday - don't ask !

Returning home we found a message on our answering machine from a Mrs Taylor explaining she had found our phone on the towpath at Stoke Prior and looked up "home" in our contacts. Could we call her back to retrieve it. Unfortunately she left no number, and it was too far back in the lists to 1471 it.

My mobile has now used up all it's battery and cannot be contacted.

All very frustrating.

Anyone got any suggestions how to resolve this one?

David

I think if you explain the situation to your home phone service provider they should be able to tell you who called on what date.

Edited by beardshave

I left my phone 3000 feet up a welsh mountain (Tryfan), the person who found it texted the last person who had texted me and said where they were leaving the phone, got in contact with them and they posted it to me do I got it back within 48 hours of losing it! One of the reAsons why I don't lock the phone!

Thank you all.

"I think if you explain the situation to your home phone service provider they should be able to tell you who called on what date."

I've a nasty feeling when I try that I'll find out the call was made from my own mobile!

David

On the off chance she was local to stoke prior, try directory enquiries or electoral roll for taylors in the area and try them all. Would be easier with a more unusual name, mind!

I live in Stoke Prior, The old Cottage, canal side, near the Boat & Railway,, but not know a Mrs taylor, will aslk about and if I find her will let you know.

Terry

Perhaps you could ask the local shop to put a card in the window or pin up a message on a board in the pub? State you are trying to contact Mrs Taylor and the reason why. ask anyone in the area who knows a Mrs Taylor to pass your number on to her

May not be local, we found a handbag with a phone in it next to a lock on the Stratford canal. I rang the last number they rang to be greater by a "hello *********" obviously thinking I was the owner of the phone. They in turn contacted the ladies other half and we waited until they came to claim the bag and phone. A pint in the nearby pub would have been nice but they said thank you.