Wolverhampton Moorings

Smelly

Featured Posts

I have grounds to be more confident that I will be returning to the West Midlands. There's a position coming up that may well have my name on it.

I need to think about moorings, ideally on the Staffs & Worcester or bottom bit of the Shroppie around Autherly. Ideally within a 30 minute walk of public transport.

I've looked at Calf Heath/Hatherton but the transport links look non existent.

I know it's busy round those parts so I'm hoping someone might have the inside ken.

Ta

Dan

Oxley Marina, not a "proper" marina but has moorings.

Then theres some mooring at Tettenhall, but cant remember the name of them, sorry.

Then just past Compton opposite the Mermaid, Windmill Lane, and I cant remember those either, Google maps has blotted the name out, sorry not much use am I?

BW have moorings just above The Bratch at Wombourne.

If I think of any others, or more information I'll post again.

Theres moorings off the BCN as well at The Bradley Arm I think.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

It's nearly official; I'm on the move again.

I'll ring Otherton once the CRB's come through and time to start looking at the tender site for me again methinks.

Anything toward Bratch would be of interest as it's down that way I'll be working.

:)

We went through the Bratch in June. There were no boats at all on the permanent moorings and lock keeper regaled us with stories of theft and drug users sat on the bridge across the locks at night. Even ten years ago my aunt had a boat moored above The Bratch and it was broken into on several occasions despite all moorings being occupied at that time.

We went through the Bratch in June. There were no boats at all on the permanent moorings and lock keeper regaled us with stories of theft and drug users sat on the bridge across the locks at night. Even ten years ago my aunt had a boat moored above The Bratch and it was broken into on several occasions despite all moorings being occupied at that time.

I used to live in Bratch lane and have friends there now. It appears the lock keeper "doesnt want boats there" according to one of my friends. He regulary walks the length (almost daily) and has never seen any evidence of druggies or boozers. The only problem now at the Bratch is there is no tap, mind you theres very few on the Staffs & Worcs.

Oxley Marina, not a "proper" marina but has moorings.

Then theres some mooring at Tettenhall, but cant remember the name of them, sorry.

Then just past Compton opposite the Mermaid, Windmill Lane, and I cant remember those either, Google maps has blotted the name out, sorry not much use am I?

BW have moorings just above The Bratch at Wombourne.

If I think of any others, or more information I'll post again.

Theres moorings off the BCN as well at The Bradley Arm I think.

No moorings on the Bradley arm. No moorings at all on the BCN in Wolverhampton itself. Walsall town wharf is good for transport connections and BW do have moorings there as we used to have one.

Ashwood is nice - was moored there when I first had my boat. You could cc the area till something comes up? Or ask Ralph at Caggy's if there's a spot you could have temporarily - 2 mins from Tipton train station.

Has Wriggly got warm contacts in Stourbridge?

Congratulations again, by the way. Glad to have you back in the neighbourhood.

Congratulations Smelly, really happy for you.

And you will be in my neck of the woods! I smell another mini banter and a headache coming :cheers:

I will not be moving me boat down until after the wife arrives now, so will catch up en route

Kiwi... I've got paperwork to sort first so won't be off for a wee while yet.

Mrs H... ta! I'm not too enamoured at the idea of mooring in Tipton. Wriggly mentioned an unsurprising waiting list at Dadford's too. Luckily the venue for most of the job is close to a stretch that is eminently CCable so that may be the way forward. Can stretch between the back of Kiddy to Brewood &Coven without too much bother. It'd be nice not to have to though.