RIP Rose Skinner

Featured Posts

Sad to hear the news that Rose Skinner has passed away a sad loss to the waterways!

RIP Rose you were one of a kind (and one of the best!)

Very sad to hear. I had the privelige of meeting and speaking to Rose on sept 22nd 2010 when she visited our tea room at Thrupp.

Tim

Yes very sad......

Truly her passing marks the end of an era.

I guess it depends how you define an "era". Laura Carter, who seems to be a wonderful lady to me, was again aboard her ex Blue Line boat "Renfrew" at the Braunston show, looking remarkably well and fit for her years. I hope some from the "era" will be with us for a while longer yet!

Well, it certainly seems an era for some of us, here. Jack, her husband, was instrumental in keeping the Oxford canal open and Rose used to travel up and down the canal before the motorways were built and before many of the changes that I have come to see as the norm. She saw many a thing, told many a story and taught many a lesson. She lived by the canal until her final days and for us, here, it is an era. Fortunately for us all we all carry our own era and part of others era's with us, so eras never really end.

RIP Rose.