SOME SELLERS

scrunch

Featured Posts

Your second point, Alan, is a very good one (i.e. I don't know the answer).

The Water Bug was introduced fairly late in the Springer saga, mid-1980s I think, so I'm not sure that its spec. changed that much over the time (probably under ten years) that it was in production. The number of them which one still sees on the waterways suggests that the firm got it right in terms of the boat's sales appeal.

They did build some small boats, earlier than that date, of 1/8" plate but maybe without the 'bug' name.

Tim

ok time to stick my head up over the top here,

its my little Springer that im selling and if im honest im gonna be sorry to see her go, ive just had a week on the Llan and she was just too small for me and the other half, so weve put a offer in on a Liverpool boat 35 footer with fixed double.

lets clear up a few issues on here regarding my advert on Ebay -

in 1991 Springers were building the Bugs out of 3mm steel, the previous owner had her specced up to 6mm

the front lockers on a Bug were not standard so were an extra

she is a lovely fit out as most of you have said and thats why im trying to get a little bit more for her.

my ebay score, please feel free to read my feedback and also my comments regarding my not answering the phone to a potential purchaser of an item i was selling.

the amounts of boats i have sold on Ebay, first one was my very first boat Dawncraft 22

Second one was my 23ft Springer (second boat)

Third one was for a dear friend who had passed away

fourth one was for a friend on the farm moorings that had no internet access

with regards to me "Vetting" potential purchasers, put that on the advert so that i could try to avoid the fender kicking brigade that tend to turn up wanting to mooch around others boats, also i have had two people saying that they would rip it apart and start again as they rreally wanted a modern boat.................

hope ive answered some of your questions/comments, if my advert reads a bit ponsy or over the top then i make no apologies for that as i do truly believe she is something special.

hope that clears it up

Thanks

Nik

Ok just had a look through my advert, i have to admit some of it was a little OTT, (that must have been the wine i had on Monday evening!!).

i have revised the ad now, not sure how to post it on here but i hope it reads better now.

i must learn to fully read and double check things before i press that post button!!

Nik

Thanks guys, i thought i was going to get a proper good old ribbing if i declared it was my boat, it did read a little obsessive/OTT i guess, lets hope it now reads better.

i have had over 1000 views on Ebay, i thought wow thats amazing in two days but then i came on here and it looks as though a lot of those are from forum members.

ah well heres to seeing how quickly (or slowly) she will sell.

Nik

Thanks guys, i thought i was going to get a proper good old ribbing if i declared it was my boat, it did read a little obsessive/OTT i guess, lets hope it now reads better.

i have had over 1000 views on Ebay, i thought wow thats amazing in two days but then i came on here and it looks as though a lot of those are from forum members.

ah well heres to seeing how quickly (or slowly) she will sell.

Nik

It does read better now Nik

Richard

Kienik, I remember you buying that boat, you chronicled it on here (a couple of years ago?). She's obviously been a faithful friend and has been well looked after, good luck with selling her. Price appears a wee bit high to me, but of course that allows you scope for negociation.

Just one thing: in your shoes I'd go for a bit more than 35' for your next boat. 40' would give you a bit more lebensraum.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well after eight days on Ebay, & Apollo Duck my little NB sold Yesterday,

she has sold to a lovely couple who spent six hours viewing her and absolutely love her for what she is, they are going to take her down to reading and use her for holidays and short breaks.

deposit recieved yesterday and i got extremely close to the asking price on Ebay, i do admit that my advert on the "bay" was a little OTT in the wording i used but i stand by the price i valued her at and it proves that she was well worth it,

i have seen lots of 23 foot Springers for sale and know their value, i have also seen 30 - 35ft boats valued at the same as Riff Raff, i knew someone would come along and see her for what she is worth.

anyways heres to our next boat, and this time we have a wish list that we are working towards, heres my list

starting from the top is our must haves

fixed double

shower we can stand up in

front deck with doors (not window)

full size cooker & fridge

solid fuel stove

roomy (ish) lounge area

good solid hull

sound engine

thats basically it really, we are looking at the 35 - 45 foot mark and a cost of around £20k, were not under any illusions as to the boat needing any work whatsoever as long as it is basically sound and not a project boat.

a trad would be nice but doesnt have to play a major part in the hunt for the right boat,we dont like to stand at the stern doors and see right through to the front doors (we like sectioned off rooms),

"BUY A NEW BOAT!!" you might be thinking but were really not in the market for that just yet.

so heres to the boat search.

to add, mooring is sorted, funds sorted, this will be my fourth boat so i know what im looking at but if anyone knows of anything that might fit the bill then drop me a line

Nik

Well done indeed! Now you can look forward to many happy hours of visting boatyards and brokerages, during which time you will probably wish that you could take bits of three or four different boats and reassemble them, to create your ideal boat.

• 1 month later...

A lot of bitching in this thread! Some of you guys are such a bunch of old women!! :blink:

I stumbled across this thread as I recognised the boat, and just thought I'd mention that Riff Raff used to be moored next to me in Ellesmere (nearly bought her myself a few years ago), and I have to say she was probably THE most cared for boat of that age I've ever seen, Springer or otherwise, and if memory serves me right the plating was indeed 'doubled up' over at Whixall during that time. I'd seen her around again more recently as I'm now moored in Cheshire close to where Nik had her. I don't think Nik's photos did her justice really, and he may think some of his language is OTT but he's actually not far off the truth with most of it. Glad she went to a good home as she was a beautiful little boat.

Neil

Edited by snigsnig