The River Trent: A Great British Story BBC1 10.35pm Tonight..

larrysanders

Featured Posts

For anyone living in the East Midlands, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire region it's on tonight or Sky Channel 980.

Hi Larry, Ive got all sky channels here at home, but no Channel 980...theres lots of other channels close by showing ''The Great British Story'' but none that I can see of the River Trent :(

Shame as I would love to watch it, maybe I will find it on BBC Iplayer later or even tomorrow.

Thanks for the info

Hi Larry, Ive got all sky channels here at home, but no Channel 980...theres lots of other channels close by showing ''The Great British Story'' but none that I can see of the River Trent :(

Shame as I would love to watch it, maybe I will find it on BBC Iplayer later or even tomorrow.

Thanks for the info

try just punching 980 in and not using the epg (programme guide) in theory this will get you to bbc east midlands region also on 977 yorkshire and lincs. hope this helps

try just punching 980 in and not using the epg (programme guide) in theory this will get you to bbc east midlands region also on 977 yorkshire and lincs. hope this helps

Thankyou will give it ago later just before it starts

Hope you don't mind but linked direct to the correct episode...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jxr5h/The_Great_British_Story_Regional_Histories_The_River_Trent/

Ed to add - good little program but as suggested above could have been longer or even better I'm pretty sure they could get a series of 30 minute programs out of it..

Edited by MJG

Hope you don't mind but linked direct to the correct episode...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jxr5h/The_Great_British_Story_Regional_Histories_The_River_Trent/

Ed to add - good little program but as suggested above could have been longer or even better I'm pretty sure they could get a series of 30 minute programs out of it..

Well worth watching. Thanks to Iplayer I was able to see.

Thanks for the link

I really like the enthusiasm for things boaty that Tom Cunliffe shows

Yes I like him too and was a bit disappointed when he said he didn't have a clue about semaphore during the Thames whatsit. I had just been telling my wife how I liked him and that he was very knowledgeable; mind you, no reason why he should know semaphore.

Yes I like him too and was a bit disappointed when he said he didn't have a clue about semaphore during the Thames whatsit. I had just been telling my wife how I liked him and that he was very knowledgeable; mind you, no reason why he should know semaphore.

Pity he wasn't given the job of describing the boats on the Thames in detail.

• Greenie 1

Pity he wasn't given the job of describing the boats on the Thames in detail.

He was on the commentary team for the River pageant coverage...

IIRC he was the guy that made the comment about the Spirit of Chartwell 'defying gravity' when it used its bow thrusters (or rotating props) to move sideways.