Westwood

Pirate

Featured Posts

You kept that quiet you sly dog !

Bad Pirate.

Looks a trim craft and no mistake.

No doubt you'll soon be hoisting the bones and making for Tortuga

to ransack the dons.

Exciting times - good luck and god speed.

Mark

Ah well here you are.

I guess if your interested you`ll have to keep an eye on it as it`s updated regularly, well when it will let me :P

http://nbwestwood.blogspot.com/

You kept that quiet you sly dog !

Bad Pirate.

Looks a trim craft and no mistake.

No doubt you'll soon be hoisting the bones and making for Tortuga

to ransack the dons.

Exciting times - good luck and god speed.

Mark

:P

Thank you all,.....

This week has seen amazeing progress, I was astonished that in two days the dinette was fitted and kitchen units, well the frames, and of course the dividing walls.

I`ll post more pictures on if it lets me as we go, but it`s difficult sometime it wont let me.

Builder reckons I`ll be on the water in a month...fingers crossed.

The damn carpenters are off to Germany tomorrow for the football though hope this doesn`t slow them down.

I should have fresh pics tomorrow, thanks again

No doubt you'll soon be hoisting the bones

Mmmm an exciteing thought :P

Edited by Pirate

Hi

It's really come on well hasn't it, he's a good bloke that Barry!

We're down there again Saturday if you're around?

Your Blog is really good & think I might give it a go, is it easy enough to set up? I've been keeping a diary of events so i've got the relevant information.

Hi

It's really come on well hasn't it, he's a good bloke that Barry!

We're down there again Saturday if you're around?

Your Blog is really good & think I might give it a go, is it easy enough to set up? I've been keeping a diary of events so i've got the relevant information.

Yes I`ll be popping down, with my friend from Malta as he wants to see it, I`ll look out for you.

And yes it`s quite easy once you`ve sighned up to blogg

arlow11

have to agree with, dhuch westwood in da house, looks a great boat

the insulation what is it ?and why didnt you go for bog standard foam,is it pricey though

thanks

You see, I wasn`t jokeing about famous folk on the cut :help:

The insulation is King span I believe, sorry I dont know much about it except it looks thick and it was quick and less mess to put on I would imagine

Supermalc

Good report, and isn't it coming along quickly now.....worth the wait. You'll be afloat before you know it

Thanks, and yes I cant wait,

Edited by Pirate

Well done on the blog and choice of shell builder and fitter. Mine is a Tyler Wilson boat josher type that I chose from Wilson, there are a number of subtle design differences between the two that I can see from your photos to mine (see my blog if you want to compare)

A word of caution, I see you have chosen the deep draft hull as I did (as opposed to their standard design that sits higher) will look great in the water , the down side is that you will have to heavily balast the boat and suggest you check this with your builder, if you dont get the ballast right with your chosen design it will sit high in the water and the underside of the counter will be out of the water by about 3 inches, you will then have the trouble of adding a further couple of tons wherever you can get the ballast like under kitchen units and in the gas locker. If they have only put one layer of blocks in you will have this problem

Itook advice fron an owner who had the same problem and guided me, generally speaking the deep draft hull works with a vintage engine that is double the weight of a modern one

The other think to bear in mind with the josher is you can only get 3.5kg gas bottles in if its the same design as mine so that will cause you a problem (again see my blog)

good luck with the build

Charles

Well done on the blog and choice of shell builder and fitter. Mine is a Tyler Wilson boat josher type that I chose from Wilson, there are a number of subtle design differences between the two that I can see from your photos to mine (see my blog if you want to compare)

A word of caution, I see you have chosen the deep draft hull as I did (as opposed to their standard design that sits higher) will look great in the water , the down side is that you will have to heavily balast the boat and suggest you check this with your builder, if you dont get the ballast right with your chosen design it will sit high in the water and the underside of the counter will be out of the water by about 3 inches, you will then have the trouble of adding a further couple of tons wherever you can get the ballast like under kitchen units and in the gas locker. If they have only put one layer of blocks in you will have this problem

Itook advice fron an owner who had the same problem and guided me, generally speaking the deep draft hull works with a vintage engine that is double the weight of a modern one

The other think to bear in mind with the josher is you can only get 3.5kg gas bottles in if its the same design as mine so that will cause you a problem (again see my blog)

good luck with the build

Charles

Hi Charles thanks for that. How can I find your Blog?

• 1 year later...