FenderMan

bargeeboy

Featured Posts

I hope there is some kind of sacrificial link in that front button fastening that is not immediately apparent from the picture.

Otherwise it looks like a perfect recipe for getting hung up somewhere!

008.JPG

I hope there is some kind of sacrificial link in that front button fastening that is not immediately apparent from the picture.

Otherwise it looks like a perfect recipe for getting hung up somewhere!

What you can't see is that the adjustable bit has a very shallow hook on the end, which I believe is designed to slip off in such an eventuality. I suppose I should check that it will -- although not right now because it's chucking it down again!

What you can't see is that the adjustable bit has a very shallow hook on the end, which I believe is designed to slip off in such an eventuality. I suppose I should check that it will -- although not right now because it's chucking it down again!

If you mean the adjustable bottle-screw on the lower chains, they wouldn't help if the fender got trapped under a gate in a rising lock. You need a sacrificial link in the top chains (and have the lower chains adjusted slackly enough that the fender can ride up over the bow if it catches on the fate while you are going down in a lock)

Brian - NB Alton - bachelor of this parish is a most excellent manufacturer of fenders, I endorse his product

Richard

I have just seen the ones he has made for Enceladus and they are stunning. Being fitted as I write.

Yes I really should :(

When are you going to do a tip cat course?

Hi Mark,

Good to see you briefly at Whaley Bridge the other week. Our tipcat fendermaking course is on 3rd - 4th Novemeber at Audlem Mill see: http://www.audlemmill.co.uk/course%20programme.html

Cheers, Brian

I have just seen the ones he has made for Enceladus and they are stunning. Being fitted as I write.

Thanks for that Sarah :blush: I really enjoy making decent fenders like that.

:cheers: Brian