Boat name?

Narrow Minded

Featured Posts

Many years ago we cruised The Cheshire Ring in a Black Prince hire boat.

We spent a idyllic evening moored off Croxton Flash. It was a beautiful Sunny evening. We had a bottle of wine, a good book each, the sun setting gently.

There were a couple of Great Crested Grebe swimming and diving in the Flash.

I said to Mrs T "If ever we get our own boat I would like to call her Croxton Flash in memory of this evening."

update230210004.jpg

Good job we didn't stay at Billinge Green Flash, dosen't have quite the same "ring" to it.

Edited by Ray T

Oh dear: a Heavy Mental fan, then? Please do not run your engine or your record collection after 8p.m.

Does liking heavy metal music suddenly make us inconsiderate?

what will happen to me when I listen to the levellers or Simon and garfunkel? I will need to know so that I can compensate when smudge gets home and starts his guitar practise!

Does liking heavy metal music suddenly make us inconsiderate?

what will happen to me when I listen to the levellers or Simon and garfunkel? I will need to know so that I can compensate when smudge gets home and starts his guitar practise!

Put away your handbags.... Oh, and he's learning Man on the Moon by REM at the moment... :cheers: :cheers:

Put away your handbags.... Oh, and he's learning Man on the Moon by REM at the moment... :cheers: :cheers:

That's what it is! ;-) oh, and he came home from work with a new guitar today hmmmmm

We have a me a you and a dog named boo so we are me and you and a dog named boo and it a good song as well

Ooh, haven't listened to any Tori for ages, might have to go dig through the CD's now :-D

I agree with this post. We never change a boats name and never have, thats its name and thats it. Besides I am a Yorkshire man and that would be classed as a total waste of money repainting a named panel :cheers:

Eee, I couldn't agree more. No point in spending brass uneccessarily. Thars what my mothers says and she is from Upton.

Before settling on a name imagine having to tell complete strangers your boat's name and spelling over and over again. You'll have to do that quite a bit and I'm sure that a lot of owners who chose puns as boat names must cringe every time they deal with BW or a marina

Well said. That was one reason we changed our boat's name, as the Cornish associations were utterly alien to a Yorkshire girl and her adoptive Mancunian other half. Don't ask.

Dont forget the re-naming ceremony if you do rename.I'm still torn on names for mine - from "Forest of Dean" to either "Navy Lark" or "Paseo" :unsure:James

Naming ceremony? Superstitious hogwash. The bubbly is far better consumed by humans, and who needs an excuse anyway?

More preconceptions! :rolleyes:

And I don't know about lobo, sorry, only heard the Tori Amos version

A singer from Florida who had the Top Ten hit with the song in 1971. I think he composed it though I'm not sure. His other big one was 'I'd Love You To Want Me' a little later.

I have heard of Conservative Amos but know nothing of her (I assume it's a she?) music.

Didn't like the original and very common name of the boat. So....OH is Canadian, we got married in Canada, and had our honeymoon in Québec.

Happen to think it's a good name for a boat, certainly better than Montréal, where we got married. It's also quite close in sound (two syllables,starting with a hard 'K') to original name.

In the end it's your boat, you can call it what you like.

Before settling on a name imagine having to tell complete strangers your boat's name and spelling over and over again. You'll have to do that quite a bit and I'm sure that a lot of owners who chose puns as boat names must cringe every time they deal with BW or a marina

Or the police... "Hi, It's Fruitcake here...."