Liveaboards

blackrose

Featured Posts

Our heating at home has not been on for a couple of weeks now. It is on a thermostat so would come on if it was needed. Our house is nothing special just a small 2 bed ex council semi. It has cavity wall and loft insulation and we insulated beneath the suspended ground floors when we moved in. (The house is built on a hill so has quite a large void beneath the floor at the rear of the house.)

On the boat the heating is on a timer and for the last couple of Fridays the boat has been far too warm when we have arrived so we have had to turn it off and open all of the hatches and windows and open up the rear section of the canopy. Our mooring is in the sun all day so the canopy acts like a greenhouse and retains a lot of heat. We have appreciated a couple of hours of heat from the Webasto during the mornings though as we have had a couple of chilly ones. The winter bedding and electric blanket have been taken home and replaced with the much lighter and cooler summer bedding but we have still been toasty warm.

Our heating at home has not been on for a couple of weeks now. It is on a thermostat so would come on if it was needed. Our house is nothing special just a small 2 bed ex council semi. It has cavity wall and loft insulation and we insulated beneath the suspended ground floors when we moved in. (The house is built on a hill so has quite a large void beneath the floor at the rear of the house.)

On the boat the heating is on a timer and for the last couple of Fridays the boat has been far too warm when we have arrived so we have had to turn it off and open all of the hatches and windows and open up the rear section of the canopy. Our mooring is in the sun all day so the canopy acts like a greenhouse and retains a lot of heat. We have appreciated a couple of hours of heat from the Webasto during the mornings though as we have had a couple of chilly ones. The winter bedding and electric blanket have been taken home and replaced with the much lighter and cooler summer bedding but we have still been toasty warm.

smiley_offtopic.gif but how did you do that? That would be very useful to know, the wind whistles through my void.

We have our fire on, not had the rads on as we have no diesel!!! Joe keeps saying he will bring some home :rolleyes: I am just going over to get some coal as it does get nippy in the evening. We have been at our son's house for a week and I did put the CH on also. My fire is on now very low, but I do have the hatch and port holes open. Nowt as queer as folk :cheers:

smiley_offtopic.gif but how did you do that? That would be very useful to know, the wind whistles through my void.

We have suspended timber floors so it was fairly easy and the void is fairly large so plenty of working space, soon to be extra storage space.

We bought a load of Kingspan rigid insulation board and cut it to fit between the joists, we managed to wedge in 2 layers, then we boarded beneath that. We also insulated beneath the laminate flooring in the living/dining room (above the joists) and there is a noticeable temperature difference between there and the kitchen and hallway which we have yet to recarpet/cover.

My Squirrel is currently set to two ecofan revolutions a second and the hatch is open!

where can i get an ecofan fitted with a revcounter? if i stare at mine long enough trying to count the revs it sends me to sleep faster than watching the box