Constipation hits Middle Levels

Athy

Featured Posts

I just heard a rumour today that the only public sanny station on the Middle Levels, in the centre of March, has been closed down because it needs repairs which the local council refuses to fork out for. Boaters are advised to stuff themselves with Ex-Lax a day or so before entering Middle Levels waters, they then should be able to last until they reach the Ouse or the Nene. Alternately, consume several hard boiled eggs before arrival, though be warned that this may lead to teeth marks on the bathroom door handle a few days later.

Sewriously, if boaters can't empty their pottis or pump out their tanks at the sanny station, of course they will sail into a marina and pay for the service.

Yeah, right, as I believe those young people say. Middle Levels boaters may find themselves going through the motions if this news is true.

But is it true?

I just heard a rumour today that the only public sanny station on the Middle Levels, in the centre of March, has been closed down because it needs repairs which the local council refuses to fork out for. Boaters are advised to stuff themselves with Ex-Lax a day or so before entering Middle Levels waters, they then should be able to last until they reach the Ouse or the Nene. Alternately, consume several hard boiled eggs before arrival, though be warned that this may lead to teeth marks on the bathroom door handle a few days later.

Sewriously, if boaters can't empty their pottis or pump out their tanks at the sanny station, of course they will sail into a marina and pay for the service.

Yeah, right, as I believe those young people say. Middle Levels boaters may find themselves going through the motions if this news is true.

But is it true?

Also the only place I know where you can fill with water is Upwell by the church.

I take it you can get a pump out at Foxes but I don't know what their views would be for Porta potty

Edited by ditchcrawler

But is it true?

It was closed down just after the freeze last month. Fenland hall claim a replacement pump would cost £25000 to replace. I would say the

true cost is around £2500 instead. Money is needed to pay the large increase in Councilors pay. The locks have been changed and signs

put up. Any rubbish left here, will be treated as fly tipping. The council want you to take it to the tip in Hundred Acre Road.

Firesprite

In the office

Have a greeny, Alan - better than a brownie any day.

I hear that the water point in March is still open. I am sure that you could empty your PP at Fox's - after all, manyoif their marina mooreres must have cassette loos - for a price.

Norty unofficial suggestion: just above and behind the March sanny station are the public toilets. Empty cassette slowly down WC, flushing frequently, and you'll be fine.

Have a greeny, Alan - better than a brownie any day.

I hear that the water point in March is still open. I am sure that you could empty your PP at Fox's - after all, manyoif their marina mooreres must have cassette loos - for a price.

Norty unofficial suggestion: just above and behind the March sanny station are the public toilets. Empty cassette slowly down WC, flushing frequently, and you'll be fine.

These toilets are to be closed by the council.

You can not get to water tap as the padlock has been changed on the door.

If you want a pumpout at Foxes it's now £18. And a lock has been placed on the cassette waste point.

Firesprite

In the office

Edited by nbfiresprite