Narrowboat in stainless steel

Dorman

Featured Posts

Passes a boat on the L&L last week with what looked like a stainless steel hull (unpainted) but with painted cabin -- can't remember the name, did have something on it saying which engineering firm made it but can't remember that either...

Could be the narrow boat mentioned earlier called ' Ferrous ' i saw this at Selby lock maybe four weeks ago . I often have a look there when cycling home after work. Was a bit tired from nights but from what i remember there are large windows where a big vintage engine can be viewed in the centre of the boat and an engineers plate of manufacture on the stern from the 1970's i think and then a later date of refurbishment. It's on my list of boats to make an offer on when i win the lottery.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding to stainless stelel on a narrow boat

Our boat ad a stainless steel over plate fitted before we got her ( I no we didn't get survey done )

We are now sat on hard standing as the stainless as reacted with mild steel and caused holes in the sides

We are in process off repairing now

One question is if the stainless was over plated with mild steel now and sides water tight would the stainless do this again

Does the reaction on happen when in contact with water

Our boat ad a stainless steel over plate fitted before we got her ( I no we didn't get survey done )

We are now sat on hard standing as the stainless as reacted with mild steel and caused holes in the sides

One question is if the stainless was over plated with mild steel now and sides water tight would the stainless do this again

Mild steel Over plated in SS?

Jesus bloody wept, I wonder which dork thought that was a good idea.

Sounds like a load of hassle and effort to me. Does it owe you much money?

I over plated a 45' boat a few years ago, funnily enough it was done in mild steel...

out of interest Is it in salt water?

• 2 months later...