delivery is HOW much?

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

Just been looking for some bits and pieces for the pump out, on Leesan's own website. Keenly priced too. So I proceed to the check out, and do double take... have I ordered something twice by mistake?

No, on a total bill of £10, for two small pieces of plastic, they want to charge £8.50 shipping :help: .

Might aswel go to the chandlers...

I ordered three table tops from IKEA and they charged me £45 delivery, took 2 weeks to send them out but their van got stuck and they called me out to meet them on the street and collect the items in my own transport - then refused to refund the delivery charge.........

I have added a call out fee and threatened court. Waiting to see if they really want to take it that far.

Yes, Luctor, might as well go to the chandlers :help:

Not a delivery charge complaint, but an incident that both irritated and amused some six years ago

I was renting a furnished flat, and single, and whilst it was furnished I felt that the lack of a dining table was a bit of a nuisance, the breakfast bar was rather high for a short chap like myself and useless for using as a desk. So a table was sought, and I found the ideal item at Radstock Co-operative, a dining table and four chairs. So ideal, that six years, two more addresses and three years of wedded bliss later I am sitting at that table on one of those chairs typing this message.

I asked if it came as flatpack, because if it did, I could bung it in the car. The lady explained that, sorry, no, it wasn't a flatpack, it was delivered assembled and if I couldn't get the assembled table and chairs in my car they would have to deliver. This was free, but required me to "work from home" for the morning.

Well the morning of delivery became the afternoon of the day the table should have been delivered, and about 3pm a van pulled up and two burly delivery men got out and went to the back of the van to deliver

A flatpack table and chairs :help:

LeeSan prefer folks to go to a chandler as they are really a trade supplier - after all it's they that give them regular business.

Small orders are a pain as there's a large ovehead in taking the order, pulling the items, packing and despatching. Much the same effort for a tenner's worth as 500 squids worth.

Pain in the butt - but there you go.

Thinks for Chris C - how about setting up an eBay outlet for the smaller items like seals and what ever?? Alot of companies do just that....

I ordered three table tops from IKEA and they charged me £45 delivery, took 2 weeks to send them out but their van got stuck and they called me out to meet them on the street and collect the items in my own transport - then refused to refund the delivery charge.........

I have added a call out fee and threatened court. Waiting to see if they really want to take it that far.

Do what my daughter did...........she had a problem with delivery of a dining room table and chairs from BHS. They delivered at a cost of £50 delivery tables and chairs did not match she ordered Ash and the table was Oak, chairs were Ash and the table was water damaged. She complained............they sent another table out no delivery charge but the guys who delivered had no instructions to collect the damaged/no matching one. We spent new year wedged in her dining room between a lovely dining room suite and one huge table propped against the wall waiting to be collected. She complained so much without success that finally contacted Consumer Direct. It took BHS 2 days to arrange collection and 2 days after that £100 worth of BHS vouchers arrived in the post. Sometime its worth complaining.

As for the £8.50 Luctor I believe that's pretty standard for most companies these days. Makes you think why we bother sometimes rolleyes.gif

Edited by tillergirl

A company I deal with used to charge £7.50 delivery on small orders, i.e.under £150. They've reduced it to £4.50 and have enjoyed an increase in small orders which is very helpful to them at this difficult time. More firms ought to take note!

Yes, Luctor, might as well go to the chandlers :help:

Not a delivery charge complaint, but an incident that both irritated and amused some six years ago

I was renting a furnished flat, and single, and whilst it was furnished I felt that the lack of a dining table was a bit of a nuisance, the breakfast bar was rather high for a short chap like myself and useless for using as a desk. So a table was sought, and I found the ideal item at Radstock Co-operative, a dining table and four chairs. So ideal, that six years, two more addresses and three years of wedded bliss later I am sitting at that table on one of those chairs typing this message.

I asked if it came as flatpack, because if it did, I could bung it in the car. The lady explained that, sorry, no, it wasn't a flatpack, it was delivered assembled and if I couldn't get the assembled table and chairs in my car they would have to deliver. This was free, but required me to "work from home" for the morning.

Well the morning of delivery became the afternoon of the day the table should have been delivered, and about 3pm a van pulled up and two burly delivery men got out and went to the back of the van to deliver

A flatpack table and chairs :help:

Just as well you didn't order a coffin.

:)

• Greenie 1

I'm always surprised how many ebay sellers will sell you a small packet of nuts or washers for, say, 99p, and then deliver free!

It is definitely not worth going to the shops to buy anything these days if you know exactly what you want, especially as you usually have to compromise on what is available in the shops. And it probly costs a quid just to start your car and drive it a mile there and back.

Just been looking for some bits and pieces for the pump out, on Leesan's own website. Keenly priced too. So I proceed to the check out, and do double take... have I ordered something twice by mistake?

No, on a total bill of £10, for two small pieces of plastic, they want to charge £8.50 shipping :help: .

Might aswel go to the chandlers...

They probably only charge the same postage though for heavier items. They do need to factor someones time to package and to actualy post themselves or organise postage by some other method as staff has to be paid for.

I bought a larder fridge and freezer from a large electrical shop last year. The delivery charge was crazy however they offered a collect it yourself service which I suspect didn't get many takers due to the large size of the items. I drive a Ford Galaxy so first trip was eldest and youngest child and fridge, second was wife, middle child and freezer...