Boater gets 7 years

calamity507

Featured Posts

Just read in todays Daventry Express the boater who attacked an elderly fisherman at Weedon with a taser and shotgun..will have plenty of time to reflect

I saw that on narrowboat world as well.

Good riddance to him he deserves the sentence.

Sure does.we dont know him..but hes offended lots this way and at least he wont be kicking seven bells out of his dogs

Won't his right to family life mean he can appeal to spend time with his dogs?

Sounds like he may be ex military or something. the problem we have nowadays is the ludicrous sentences judges hand out. 7 years is realy only 3 and a half and this must have been terrifying for the family and could have ended in tragedy. Scum like this need 20 years upwards not 3 and a half.

• Greenie 1

As we heard it from the fisherman concerned..they had politely asked him to lower his speed..as the wash had soaked them as they sat fishing. He took exception..went back to his boat. The grandchildren had been frightened by his behaviour so the family packed up and left..they werent even canalside when the guy returned..he followed them to the layby where their car was.

I am glad the court made an example of him - OK 7 years sentence is not really long enough and he will probably leave prison early for "good behaviour" unfortunately.

I know the fisherman concerned and even now how worried he is about fishing in the same area just in case that kind of thing happened again. Hopefully the narrowboat Lady Jayne will be sold and he won't be able to return to "the cut".

I had moored up near his boat at Bugbrooke late last year not realising that this alteracation had happened, but I must admit that I had not seen any incidence of him doing anything cruel to his dogs. Being an avid dog lover myself, I would have been one of the first people to have reported him to the authorities if I had witnessed anything untoward there

I had moored up near his boat at Bugbrooke late last year not realising that this alteracation had happened, but I must admit that I had not seen any incidence of him doing anything cruel to his dogs. Being an avid dog lover myself, I would have been one of the first people to have reported him to the authorities if I had witnessed anything untoward there

It is true to say that in a job I did years ago I took more complaints from people about mistreatment of dogs than of children, and the facts are more children are mistreated than dogs :(

Why?

Most ex-srevices I know have far more respect for firearms that shown by this person. They know they can kill!!

I think it alludes to something said by the judge in the newspaper report, along the lines if "You of all people shouild know about firearms".