Fuel Pumpet

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

yet another breakdown. The fuel pump on my Barrus Shire has stopped working, hence no engine. Any suggestions as to where I can get one quick as all attempts locally have failed. Nearest Barrus dealer is otside Leeds and I haave no transport. (As well as which it will be too expensive from Barrus).

yet another breakdown. The fuel pump on my Barrus Shire has stopped working, hence no engine. Any suggestions as to where I can get one quick as all attempts locally have failed. Nearest Barrus dealer is otside Leeds and I haave no transport. (As well as which it will be too expensive from Barrus).

Facit electric fuel pump from your nearest motor factors - about £45. If its good enough for Vetus and some Isuzus its good enough for a Shire.

Simply fit in series with the Japcrap mechanical lift pump. Feed from ignition switch.

Facit electric fuel pump from your nearest motor factors - about £45. If its good enough for Vetus and some Isuzus its good enough for a Shire.

Simply fit in series with the Japcrap mechanical lift pump. Feed from ignition switch.

If you have later Shire 45 it will have an electric pump, so it will be easy to fit a Facet Posiflow one which is much better.Purolator, the makers claim a 6000hr life. I believe RCR stock these pumps. Make sure you ask for 8mm (5/16") fittings. If you fully fill your tank you may be able to get your engine running on gravity feed, most nb's have about half the tank above the injection pump.

My barrus is currently running without its facet pump and rcr told me unless i intend going onto rivers i could well do without it.

bought two pumps "facet " from these and very quick delivery and they were on offer for i think less than thirty squid but cant swear to that price.

http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/facet-fuel-pumps-8-c.asp?gclid=CObflvbavqwCFQVTfAodkCuOnw

edit to add - RCR just put a priming bulb in place of pump to get fuel line bled and left it in place.

Edited by gaggle
  • Greenie 1

Why not use RCR? Thats what there there for?

I know they are a tad on the dear side for membership, but it would save all the aggro and worry!

If one was cuising the waterways, it's surely got to be a must have?

Best of luck Dr Bradley, hope your sorted by next weekend.

Nipper

Why not use RCR? Thats what there there for?

I know they are a tad on the dear side for membership, but it would save all the aggro and worry!

If one was cuising the waterways, it's surely got to be a must have?

Best of luck Dr Bradley, hope your sorted by next weekend.

Nipper

I didn't expect so much trouble in a three year old boat so am not in RCR. It would have been bette3r if I were but hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Spent the day trawling around motor factors without any joy so have ordered onliine through Gaggle's link. Don't know how long it'll take to get here with Christmas post/holidays.

Thanks for the help, would still be looking for a pump without it.

I didn't expect so much trouble in a three year old boat so am not in RCR. It would have been bette3r if I were but hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Spent the day trawling around motor factors without any joy so have ordered onliine through Gaggle's link. Don't know how long it'll take to get here with Christmas post/holidays.

Thanks for the help, would still be looking for a pump without it.

You just have to love an optimist!

Can't you do a temporary lash up with a can as a day tank and gravity feed the engine?