will i be alowed to buy a boat?

peter nelson

Featured Posts

Better if the wife has a beard - more authentic. :closedeyes:

My wife smoked a pipe when I first met her, however I'm please to say she didn't have a beard :)

Albert.

PS. My beard caught fire as a result of attempting to fix a propane stove, I thought it was extremely amusing but Mrs Smith thought otherwise and called me a 'silly fellow' (or words to that effect).

You never ever see a old hand at boating do anything wrong :rolleyes:

It's true professional mariners dont make........ shall we say 'errors of judgement'. It's always entered in the log as 'due to prevailing conditions' ;)

Albert.

Well now I know where I'm going wrong, having had a beard for the last 50 odd years it's now gone (caught fire, but that's another (embarrasing) story). Recently went over to Holland to look at a vessel, I was greeted like a long lost shipmate. As opposed to looking at a narrowboat here (after losing beard)in the UK, where the owner was totally disinterested in making a sale. Looks like a beard is the way to go if you want to be taken seriously :rolleyes:

Different kettle of fish on the continent ...

Snapshot2011-12-0518-18-23.jpg