navigation??

jamie2010

Featured Posts

hi there all.

i'll keep it short and sweet,im considering selling my house and buying a craft to live on. Im leaning towards a narrow boat, my question is this although i dont have exact locations for you most of the boats ive seen for sale are in the midlands or there abouts.

could i navigate my way back to essex?? once i have bought my new dwelling as this is where i live now and intend on mooring my new home. or would it be a case that i had to transport over land??

many thanks

jamie.

Edited by jamie2010

hi there all.

i'll keep it short and sweet,im considering selling my house and buying a craft to live on. Im leaning towards a narrow boat, my question is this although i dont have exact locations for you most of the boats ive seen for sale are in the midlands or there abouts.

could i navigate my way back to essex?? once i have bought my new dwelling as this is where i live now and intend on mooring my new home. or would it be a case that i had to transport over land??

many thanks

jamie.

Jamie,

As others have said, it depends where you are trying to get to. If you are thinking of the Chelmer & Blackwater it is possible to drop down the Thames (accessible from the midlands depending on stoppages)hang a left and follow the coast round to the Blackwater estuary. Then go via the sea lock onto the C&B. Not for the feint hearted and I would not do it myself. If you google for TNC (Tuesday Night Club) their intrepid crew did a write up of exactly that journey. Unless you have the time the best bet to anywhere in Essex from the midlands is to chuck it on a low loader and have it craned in (downside of course is cost).