Tow from bath to Bristol

bigcol

Featured Posts

Hi there

I'm trying to find out how much a tow will cost and who or a company provides this service

The boat is a 30 ft boat 8th beam at the moment in bath Marina,and needs to be towed to Bristol Marina.

My Soninlaw needs the boat up here in miltonkeynes, and he buying the boat from bath Marina,which does not have a crane,but a slipway, but unless I'm wrong Being 4/5 ton there's not a company that will trailer it is there??

So is the only option a tow from bath to Bristol or can it be slipped and trailered??

Col

Deleted account. Lifeboat??

I've rang up tuckys they don't have hyhabs, they have mobile cranes but the cost be telephone nos. Lol

To be fair AJLinterns may be a solution,but don't think my soninlaw is that confident but if anyone knows someone or somehow can get the boat up to MK please pm re quote.

Many thanks. Any help or further suggestions be great

Col

Deleted account. Lifeboat??

Yup, I saw it on ebay. Nearly went down to kick the tyres too.

I've rang up tuckys they don't have hyhabs, they have mobile cranes but the cost be telephone nos. Lol

To be fair AJLinterns may be a solution,but don't think my soninlaw is that confident but if anyone knows someone or somehow can get the boat up to MK please pm re quote.

Many thanks. Any help or further suggestions be great

Col

You can also go the other way to hilperton and crane it out there. It would probably be easier to arrange a tow to hilperton tbh. Or you could do it with a borrowed outboard.

In fact, it's still on ebay :/

There are trailers which would carry it but it would need a slipway going down to at least 6ft to get the boat onto a trailer thats if the trailer owner didn't mind his trailer being submersed.

That boat would go on, say a 10 ton rigid truck,cheaper than an Artic.I'd phone around the local hauliers as a lot of rigids have powerful Hi-abs and if they've got one going towards M-K empty would jump at the chance.

Also we've found that Streethaye wharf marina near Lichfield, to be one of the cheapest ''Mr Bowen'' as he organizes transport from all different hauliers all over the country.

Hi there all!!

Yes my soninlaws a happy man

Bought for not a lot, and he's a happy bunny.

He's stressed re getting back home lol

Thanks all for numbers and advice.

We don't want favours, but want to pay the cheapest waymto get it back here in MK

I will ring the number but if anyone else knows somone who can A ) do the tow, B) hyhab C) transport. Trailer is and will be so good as the Marina has got a slip

Many thanks. Just trying to keep son in law on the ground!! Not in the air like he is now

Many thanks Chris pink may be in touch

Col

Col

Edited by bigcol

Many thanks all.

Chris Pink has offered to do the tow for us hopefully next Monday,

And being towed to RLL boats at Keynsham which is nearer than Bristol so saves me some pennies.

RLL boats are doing the craning,

And tuckys are doing the transport,so thanks all for the advice and help

So alls sorted

What can go wrong ? Lol

Again many thanks all

Col

Many thanks all.

Chris Pink has offered to do the tow for us hopefully next Monday,

And being towed to RLL boats at Keynsham which is nearer than Bristol so saves me some pennies.

RLL boats are doing the craning,

And tuckys are doing the transport,so thanks all for the advice and help

So alls sorted

What can go wrong ? Lol

Again many thanks all

Col

Brill. Hope it goes swimmingly :)