Dog poo

Dominic M

Featured Posts

One of the worst thing to happen to dog fouling is the advent of the mobile phone.

I often see owners, bag-in-hand, so absorbed in texting etc. that they completely miss the fact that their dog just crapped on the path, or cocked it's leg on the water point. They blindly carry on thinking that they are responsible owners, but they are just like the rest ... in fact, they ARE the rest!

As for leaving plastic bags of dogshit anywhere .... that completely re-defines the word civilised.

No sorry they are pretending they haven't noticed -

and if it's on a lead you know they are because no dog will dump while in motion they stop so it's immediately noticeable that your dog wants to do something or has done.

Guest Quo Vadis

No sorry they are pretending they haven't noticed -

and if it's on a lead you know they are because no dog will dump while in motion they stop so it's immediately noticeable that your dog wants to do something or has done.

Oh yes they do! I have witnessed it many times, and if you think they can't ....

We always pick up..we also sit in our boat and watch others that don't. We leave a pack of poo bags readily available. .On the stern of our boat..with a note saying feel free to take 1. Then you get the jokers who cruise by..with the dogs running along the towpath..who have no intention of picking up. Its not the dogs fault.its lazy inconsiderate owners. We used to see 1 lady regularly not pick up..even when challenged..so I picked up after her..bagged it and posted it through her letterbox. She called the police..nice policeman really struggled to keep a straight face..I admitted I had done it and explained I was just returning her property. The outcome was she picks up by us now lol.

:cheers: Bloody brilliant a first class idea. Direct action usualy works better than b----hit. A bit like a friend of mine I mentioned on another thread that after politely asking someone to turn their gennie off after 8 at night on more than one occasion he simply one evening slung it in the cut :lol: and not suprisingly said offender doesnt run it late anymore.......( It did survive the dunking )

One of my sons has an Old English Sheepdog. One day out on a walk Merlin (the dog not my son) decided he needed to open his bowels. This made my lad realise that this was his second attempt, (the first not being completely successful and used his one and only bag) that he hadn't got another bag. Only thing he had in his pocked was a nice long till receipt from the supermarket earlier that day.

He really struggled but finally achieved the impossible and somehow picked up the mess basically with his bare hand assisted by the till receipt.

He started to march off as if nothing bothers him and looked up and saw that he was right outside the local schools headmasters office where there was a meeting taking place and all were watching him.

Now that is a responsible dog owner.

Merlin by the way can and does carry on walking whilst doing the deed.

Martyn :rolleyes:

Thinking about for a sec. I think that is actually a considerable achievement....

Really?? - I don't believe this earlier post could have been much clearer -

I've added colour to the specific bit

- anyway I believe those of us pointing it out were only being helpful but you seem to have taken it rather differently.....hey ho...

Yes, I know, it was your post that finally alerted me to the fact that I had misunderstood the others I then changed the link (that had been in place for 5 years than I do not recall anyone ever mentioning before)that was in error. When you always see two of everything and there is no such thing as a straight line either vertically or horizontally you learn to pick out what seems important. Apoliges to all who feel offended.

These have been on the market for some years. The trouble is getting the bad owners to get one and use it.

Edited by Maffi

I have seen dog collars with poo-bag dispensers, a real clever idea, and no excuse for not having one anymore.

Peter.

Pedant alert!

What's coming up there for me (in the UK sellers part of it) is a dog lead, not a dog collar!

Edited by alan_fincher

Pedant alert!

What's coming up there for me (in the UK sellers part of it) is a dog lead, not a dog collar!

Well yes but the function is the same :rolleyes: - are you going to spend all after noon correcting ever bodies posts or are you just bored???

Pedant alert!

Just to please Alan, this is the one I was talking about.

Is that good enough for you ?

My link and how about this one ? My link

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

And these are the cause of on average 650 accidents per year.[/b]

Peter.

Poo La La.....Amazing!

Any wonder you named him after a magician if he can do that, although come to think of it when my son was in nappies, he could manage it too.

Mike

Edited by Doorman

Poo La La.....Amazing!

Any wonder you named him after a magician if he can do that, although come to think of it when my son was in nappies, he could manage it too.

Mike

Yes but Merlin doesn't run the risk of sitting in it.

The dog fouling law was repealed in 2005. The new legislation does allow for local bylaws. The chap who stands in it should be more careful. Horses are allowed to do it big time - the queens swans do it all the time, it seems to be a problem for the moribund boaters however.

Ken

The dog fouling law was repealed in 2005. The new legislation does allow for local bylaws. The chap who stands in it should be more careful. Horses are allowed to do it big time - the queens swans do it all the time, it seems to be a problem for the moribund boaters however.

Ken

The people here think I talk a lot of twaddle, but I have never heard such a Bollo in my life.

The chap who stands in it should be more careful.

So to please the morons who cant be assed to clear up we have to spend our lives looking at the floor.

F**K you and the horse you rode in on!

Ken

Yes Ken lovely,

- we know you keep banging on about what is legal and what is illegal, but that is not really the point is it???

But if you were making a meaningful contribution to the forum rather than trolling it you would know that.

Edited by MJG

Ken

Actually I think it is a problem and an object of revulsion for an overwhelming majority of those who are not actually responsible for it. Some will plead a special case as if their dog's shit doesn't stink but really there is no excuse at all for ever leaving dog excrement where people go and those who do so lack manners, respect and civilization. They too are an object of revulsion like a turd on the path.

The dog fouling law was repealed in 2005. The new legislation does allow for local bylaws.

Rubbish!

The dog fouling law was indeed repealed, when The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act

2005 came into force but all bylaws are still enforceable until they are replaced by the new Dog Control Orders.

Telling half a story is only useful if the other half isn't available to make you look foolish.