Cleaning glass shower

blackrose

Featured Posts

How is one supposed to remove and prevent limescale build-up on glass shower cubicles?

My glas quadrant is looking awful. Am I supposed to wipe it over with vinegar or something?

What do other people in hard water areas do?

I use a squeegee on the glass as soon as I finish showering. I suggest using a limescale remover to get the glass clean then use the squeegee each time you shower.

Sue

How is one supposed to remove and prevent limescale build-up on glass shower cubicles?

My glas quadrant is looking awful. Am I supposed to wipe it over with vinegar or something?

What do other people in hard water areas do?

Normally I use Mr Muscle shower shine, which works well

But when lime scale builds-up (normaly due to running out and forgetting to buy a new bottle) I use a lemon cut in halve with white vinegar

And that shifts really stubborn lime scale.

Regards

dc

Toughened glass is relatively soft and limescale will eventually cause pitting which in turn will make limescale removal more difficult.

Living in a seriously hard water area, we use a shower squeegee on a daily basis but every few months we set about the quadrant with HG 'Hagesan Blue' Professional Limescale Remover to thoroughly clean the glass and then 'seal' it with HG Shower Shield.

I think it is something like £5 - £6 per litre and around £8 per 250ml respectively - not the cheapest cleaning product by any means but it lasts a very long time and does a good job.

No connection with any cleaning product manufacturers or retailers

HN

Vinegar and newspaper!

Please be careful what you use in terms of 'harsh' chemicals....remember, it goes straight out into the waterways!

Quite so. Vinegar and lemon sounds good, and thanks for bringing up the subject, Blackrose.