Where/what is this?`

churchward

Featured Posts

The photo below was taken in the early 1980s I think. I have been continuing to scan my old slides to digitise them. This was taken in Brum on a holiday when we hired from Stratford and went to Gas street area and back. I just can't remember what this photo was of and the location of it. The canal was at the same level as the photo was taken on the right (unless the scan is backwards then it is on the left!)

I wish it had a bit more surrounding detail that might help. There may be others from the same location but haven't gone through every thing yet.

Any ideas?

brumedited1.jpg

By churchward at 2011-08-18

The photo below was taken in the early 1980s I think. I have been continuing to scan my old slides to digitise them. This was taken in Brum on a holiday when we hired from Stratford and went to Gas street area and back. I just can't remember what this photo was of and the location of it. The canal was at the same level as the photo was taken on the right (unless the scan is backwards then it is on the left!)

I wish it had a bit more surrounding detail that might help. There may be others from the same location but haven't gone through every thing yet.

Any ideas?

brumedited1.jpg

Im not sure that Tawny owl is right because the contemporary photo from my aqueducts collection reveals three arches and is a lower structure:

http://ukaqueducts.blogspot.com/2009/05/river-rea-aqueduct-warwick-bar.html

What do you think? :captain:

Edited by Capt Ahab

Third arch is on the right, cut off in the photo. The retaining wall in the foreground is curving out to the right and you can just see the 'cutter' brickwork

Richard

Yes I think that is likely. I found another photo in the reject boxes. It has very poor exposure so I have over tweaked the levels so that we can at least see more of the detail. I also found a date in my photo notebook from the time. It was June 1982 but sadly no reference to this actual shot oddly.

brum2.jpg