Solar Panel Installation on NB

MartinC

Featured Posts

Although there has been a lot of postings about solar panels I have been unable to find any comment on ease of self installation. I am sure that this posting will produce a lot of links that I have missed!

I only ask as various suppliers who have fitting services (at a price) seem to be saying DIY. However I have no wish to become another fire statistic.

Although there has been a lot of postings about solar panels I have been unable to find any comment on ease of self installation. I am sure that this posting will produce a lot of links that I have missed!

I only ask as various suppliers who have fitting services (at a price) seem to be saying DIY. However I have no wish to become another fire statistic.

Hi

Its an absolute doddle about as easy as changing a battery. Just buy a controller thingy for about fifteen quid and its two wires into it and two wires out and on to the battery, stick a fuse in if you are wary but realy is dead easy.

Hi

Its an absolute doddle about as easy as changing a battery. Just buy a controller thingy for about fifteen quid and its two wires into it and two wires out and on to the battery, stick a fuse in if you are wary but realy is dead easy.

i dont mean to hijack the thread but everyones asking about solar panels and the bloody summers gone (myself included) :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The hardest bit is securing the panels on the roof although some are happy to chain and padlock them so they can elevate/point more directly at the sun.

If we are talking rigid framed panels simplest is a wood batten bolted longtitudinally to the frame. Fix battens to the roof at the spacing for the other battens to straddle them using self tappers and pilot hole. I used clear silicon on underside of battens. Do the wiring then fix the panels by screwing through the solar batten to roof batten.

The hardest bit is securing the panels on the roof although some are happy to chain and padlock them so they can elevate/point more directly at the sun.

If we are talking rigid framed panels simplest is a wood batten bolted longtitudinally to the frame. Fix battens to the roof at the spacing for the other battens to straddle them using self tappers and pilot hole. I used clear silicon on underside of battens. Do the wiring then fix the panels by screwing through the solar batten to roof batten.

Are you by any way related to Lord Mount Batten?