llangollen/ellesmere

shamrock990

Featured Posts

Im a fantastic cook! lol. just dont want to spend the whole holiday slaving over the stove lol

yes its nice to let someone else cook and wash up occassionally, we like to have a night out when we can afford it Prezzo or cafe rouge are our favourites followed by indian, a lunchtime venue would be a harvester.

been many a year since i was up the llangollen so can't help much as its all changed i would expect.

The Red Lion is good in Ellesmere..

Casp'

Seconded!

Actually, no, The Red Lion in Ellesmere is SUPERB. I can't think of another pub anywhere that offers such VAST meals for such reasonable prices.

It is a little further from the wharf than other pubs in town, but well worth the 5 minute walk to get there (keep going right-ish from the wharf, and you will find it by the church)

Seconded - the Corn Mill is fantastic. Good food and the best selection of beers.

Between the two, Jack Mytton's is thee best food for miles around.

Yes but the beer is not kept very well, in fact it's poor and expensive (£3.10pp) Closes at 3pm on the dot - no exceptions, until 6pm

Re eating, try the Gallery in Llangollen, the Bridge Inn at Chirk Bank and Poachers Pocket at Gledrigg just before Chirk. The latter has a good playground for kids and special offers on most of week.

Alex

Seconded!

Actually, no, The Red Lion in Ellesmere is SUPERB. I can't think of another pub anywhere that offers such VAST meals for such reasonable prices.

It is a little further from the wharf than other pubs in town, but well worth the 5 minute walk to get there (keep going right-ish from the wharf, and you will find it by the church)

Thirded.

We were in a month or so ago. Excellent value.

Ellesmere the red lion excellent food and excellent prices!

the chinese take away is good too

for breakfast there is a little greasy spoon right next to the bakery excellent breakfast.

Llangollen

the bridge end hotel

others along the Llangollen canal i have eaten in

the jack mytton good food and service nice landlord and lady.

the narrowboat inn though food was off poor quality

the white bear in Whitchurch does a lovely mixed grill. alothought its a hell of a walk from canal into town centre

the cotton arms wrenbury does a lovely lamb henry